"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Great opportunity to use your Geospatial Analyst skills in a senior role
- Work with a team of like minded Geospatial professionals
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
The role of the Geospatial Analyst is a senior role which exists within Council’s Geospatial Information team. The team is responsible for delivering high value, innovative and leading geospatial information systems, solutions and services to Council's customers.
The Geospatial Analyst is required to provide overarching frameworks, automations and methodology which will support current organisational demands and future progression. Key to this role is the provision of backup system administrative services for Council’s corporate geospatial systems, solutions and integrations.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the corporate geospatial database including but not limited to data management, importing of new datasets, user configuration, data modelling and quality assurance of corporate datasets;
- Assist in the development, configuration and troubleshooting of Geospatial applications, including web based and mobile computing solutions where required;
- Develop and implement procedures, workflows and automations for complex geospatial analysis to streamline and support the geospatial delivery of business requirements;
- You will be experienced with Geospatial systems and dedicated to assisting in the management of Geospatial Data and Services;
- You will have high level attention to detail with an ability to work and communicate with varying levels of internal employees and managers;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of problem solvers who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation;
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle;
- Generous Leave Provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health & Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave - 2 weeks
- Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families;
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle;
- Health & Wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations;
- Recognition of Service;
- Council Child Care Salary Sacrifice;
- Professional Development opportunities;
- Individual career development and learning opportunities;
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $79k to $104k per annum dependent on skills and experience + 10.5% superannuation.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role. With flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Roslyn Young, Section Manager Information Services. Ph: 0418 550 534
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday 4 December 2022.
To download our Privacy Statement click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position. Previous applicants need not apply.
For more information on applying for a role with Central Coast Council please click on the following link: https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/council/about-council/careers-and-volunteering/applying-position
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer timeslot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system.
You will have the ability to save your application as you go using the 'Save Application' button. You can start an application and return to it later via the automatic follow-up email once you have the time and required information at hand to finally submit your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing [email protected] or phone 0417 293 628 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist '[email protected]' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2022, 12:00 am