About us We are the facilitator of a thriving, resilient and liveable city full of opportunities, and the custodians of an environment like no other. We ensure Albury is a great place to live, work and invest.The Position The Graduate Environmental Health Officer will assist in the provision of high quality environmental and public health services Qualifications & experience
- To be considered eligible for this position you must be in final year or have just completed within the last year a Tertiary qualification in Environmental Health and/or Public Health or an equivalent qualification.
- Class C (standard) Driver’s Licence (compulsory to have and maintain)
- Assist the Environmental Health Officers (EHO) in undertaking inspections of registered premises in accordance with relevant Acts and regulations.
- Undertake public health-related inspections including food, swimming pool and cooling towers.
- Undertake drinking-water and arbovirus monitoring activities.
- Respond and manage customer enquiries relating to public and environmental health.
- Provide referral responses to relevant development applications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of administrative, and information management systems.
- Assist the EHOs in working to educate industry and the community towards increased compliance with environmental and public health statutory requirements.
- Provide administrative support to the EHOs as required.
- Assist with the evaluation of work practices to ensure objectives are being met and contribute to the ongoing improvement of services and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and professional correspondence to management and external customers.
- Attract a salary of $60,908 to $66,999 + 10.5% Superannuation
- Work a 35 hour week, with actual days and times being Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm, with a fortnightly Rostered Day Off.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2022, 12:00 am