Graduate Town Planner
- Exciting opportunity to start your career
- Ongoing training and professional development to support your goals
- $57,261 - $63,363 per annum plus superannuation
Are you looking to kick-start your career in Town Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban and Regional Planning? This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or candidate nearing completion of study in Town Planning or in a related qualification to join our Planning and Development Team on a temporary full-time basis, for up to two years.
You will be a member of a professional and supportive team who will assist the in delivery of quality development assessments for Council and our community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Graduate Town Planner will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the assessment of planning proposals and development assessment functions to achieve planning outcomes in line with Council policy and legislative requirements;
- Carrying out robust development assessments within the relevant statutory framework (Environmental Planning Instruments, Local Environmental Plan (LEP), Development Control Plan (DCP), section 94 plan) including report preparation;
- Assist with producing or checking legal certificates and other documentation in accordance with the relevant statutory requirements, including section 10.7 Planning certificates;
- Providing accurate and timely advice to applicants, objectors and residents in response to planning and development enquiries in a responsive manner while presenting a positive image of Council;
- Responding to routine enquiries, requests for information and general correspondence in a professional and timely manner.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Recent or substantial completion of a degree in Town Planning or a related field.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Competency with the Microsoft Office suite, namely Outlook, Word and Excel.
- The proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team, fostering an environment based on teamwork and collaboration.
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Narrabri Shire Council will see you welcomed into a supportive and thriving environment with an experienced and dedicated team.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will have access to flexible working hours, on-the-job training and professional development.
Enquiries regarding this position should be directed to Michelle Henry, Manager Planning and Development on (02) 6799 6866.
For further information please refer to the attached Position Description.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position with Narrabri Shire Council, we would love to hear from you! You will be diverted to our website where you will be requested to complete the selection criteria and attach your resume and cover letter. All correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email.
To apply, follow the instructions below:
- Complete the information below as requested
- Click ‘APPLY’
- Attach your resume and cover letter
- Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
This position closes at 9.00am Monday, 29 May 2023.
Narrabri Shire Council reserves the right to close, withdraw or extend vacancies without prior notice.
Narrabri Shire Council is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We support difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and community and are committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Narrabri Shire Council is committed to ensuring all people's health, safety and well-being within our workplace. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Narrabri Shire Council or provide evidence of an authorised medical contraindication.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Arts and Humanities, Aviation, Banking...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:28th May 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.