- Utilise your technical knowledge
- Join a passionate and innovative team
- $77,155 to $85,375 per annum (plus superannuation)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Narrabri Shire Council is currently seeking a Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Advisor to join our Risk Team. The HSEQ Advisor will be involved in the development, implementation, monitoring and review of Council’s HSEQ management system to ensure the provision of an environmentally sustainable, healthy and safe workplace, while fostering an organisational safety culture.
The HSEQ Advisor will provide proactive leadership through the consistent implementation of sound risk management techniques and provision of advice, to ensure Council meets its health, safety and environment obligations, identified in relevant Legislation, Codes of Practice and Australia Standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development and implementation of Council’s Risk Management Strategy, including assisting the coordination of Council’s Risk Management Action Plan.
- Assist Council in achieving compliance with all legislation relevant to work health and safety, environmental management and quality management.
- Implement Council’s Return to Work Program and perform the role of Return to Work Coordinator.
- Maintain monitoring systems to identify trends, critical incidents and areas of high risk and ensure effective reporting systems are in place.
For further information please refer to the attached Position Description.
- You will have working knowledge of, and ability to interpret and apply, legislation, with demonstrated experience improving HSEQ systems.
- You will have the ability to engage, influence and motivate workers to facilitate an organisational safety culture.
- You will have experience undertaking incident investigations resulting in continuous improvement of processes and systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining Narrabri Shire Council will see you welcomed into a supportive and thriving environment within an experienced and dedicated team, offering a long-term career! You will be part of a community who values integrity and leadership, with a strong customer focus on the delivery of services.
Enquiries regarding this position should be directed to Maree Bales, Risk Coordinator on (02) 6799 6866.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position with Narrabri Shire Council, we would love to hear from you!
1. Complete the information below as requested
2. Click ‘APPLY’
3. Attach your resume and covering letter
4. Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’
Please note all correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
This position closes at 9.00am on Monday, 18 July 2022.
Narrabri Shire Council reserves the right to close, withdraw or extend vacancies without prior notice.
Narrabri Shire Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support difference and thrive on it for the benefit for our employees and community and are committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Narrabri Shire Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all people within our workplace. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Narrabri Shire Council or provide evidence of an authorised medical contraindication.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:1st Jul 2022, 12:50 am