- Salary package from $100,742 to $130,000 (including Superannuation)
- Full-time maternity leave contract commencing January 2023
- Fortnightly RDO plus the option to work from home two days per week - flexible work/life balance
Woollahra is an area steeped in natural beauty and heritage appealing to residents, businesses and visitors who enjoy its many parks, waterfront locations and historic buildings. Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a highly skilled and qualified Heritage Officer to join our Strategic Planning department at Woollahra Council on a temporary full-time basis for up to 12 months.
Woollahra Council has a rich and diverse history and natural setting that is represented in Victorian, Federation and inter-war buildings, precincts, settings and streetscapes. Its environmental heritage has a local, regional and, in many instances, a nationally recognised level of heritage significance.
As a Heritage Officer, your primary role will be to provide expert heritage advice on development applications. Your skills and expertise in assessing the impact of development on the heritage significance of buildings and areas and your knowledge and experience with building design and construction will be critical to this role. You will also be required to provide general advice on heritage-related matters and assist with the preparation of conservation policy from time to time.
You will be a high achiever with;
- A tertiary qualification in Architecture, Town Planning or an associated discipline and demonstrated skills and experience in building design and construction.
- Demonstrated current working experience in assessing the impact of development on the heritage significance of buildings and areas.
- Demonstrated current working experience in assessing the heritage significance of Australian architectural styles and heritage conservation areas and preparing heritage inventory sheets for local and state heritage items.
- Demonstrated current working experience in the preparation, review and implementation of NSW heritage-related legislation, policies and strategies used in local environmental plans and development control plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and current working experience with heritage conservation best practice in the built environment.
Please click here to view the full list of essential and desirable criteria.
What’s in it for you?
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation and we pride ourselves on creating a safe and engaging working environment.
We are dedicated to looking after our staff, because if we look after our people, we will be better placed to look after our community.
Eligible staff will be entitled to some of the following benefits:
- Fortnightly RDO - we value your work/life balance
- Hybrid workplace - work from home up to 2 days per week
- High quality training and development opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership through Fitness Passport with access to 810+ fitness facilities
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the 'APPLY' button
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria
- If you have a separate statement addressing the each of the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Anne White Manager Strategic Planning on (02) 9391 7086 during business hours
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360
CLOSING DATE: 11:59PM on Wednesday, 30 November 2022
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (minimum two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage all applicants, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, young people, mature aged workers, LGBTIQ and other minority groups to apply.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2022, 12:00 am