Careers at Council
RE-ADVERTISED POSITION – PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLYWe are a great place to work and have a high performing workforce that we are proud of. Our Human Resources and Wellbeing team is committed to delivering a positive and supportive workplace culture, where our people feel respected and valued.
About the role:We currently have an opportunity for a Human Resources & Wellbeing Business Partner to be a part of the Human Resources & Wellbeing team. In this role, you will partner with the relevant business units to provide timely and accurate HR advice and guidance, provide end to end recruitment and resourcing support and empower our leaders to manage their teams and people, ensuring a safe, healthy and inclusive workplace.
- Partner with Managers & provide daily HR guidance to relevant business units, including implement HR strategies & process that focus on succession planning, retention & workforce development;
- Contribute to the development & review of HR policies & processes & identify opportunities for improvement;
- Manage the recruitment process for relevant business units;
- Coach Managers on the implementation of performance & talent management processes and Act as a trusted Advisor on employee relations issues;
- Assist with the mentoring & training of new team members;
- Conduct internal investigations / manage external investigations, including manage & resolve complex employee relations issues & address grievances;
- Schedule first day induction, distribute welcome emails & induction packs;
- Facilitate Council’s work experience program, customer satisfaction survey;
- Maintain up-to-date position description for each employee in the relevant business unit;
- Update new employee records on accreditation/licences, as
About you:To be successful in this role you will have:
- An experienced and highly motivated HR generalist;
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resource/Business/Employee or Industrial Relations or a related discipline; Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge of NSW Local Government (State) Award and other relevant legislation;
- Proven ability to work at pace, multitask and meet deadlines;
- Great at building relationships and relates to all levels; Knowledge in dealing with employee relations matters and Unions; 8.Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence - NSW.
Working with us:At The Hillls Shire Council, we live our values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Leadership and Safety through the work that we perform for the Community. We are committed to a positive and supportive workplace culture where our people and customers feel respected and valued. THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonus (up to 2% annual salary) + organisational bonus (up to $2K), Learning & Development Opportunities, Active Social Club, Modern Office Location, Variable Leave, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives, Aquatic and Fitness membership discounts and Onsite Café.
Position details:Permanent Full Time Role, Position number S1055 Salary: Circa/from $105K + Superannuation
Next steps:Please review the Position Description available via job attachments within the advertisement and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/Careers by 5:00pm on Friday, 6 January 2023. Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can w ork collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.
Closing in a month
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Human Resources
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:6th Jan 2023, 12:00 am