Careers at Council
HR & Wellbeing Officer - WHS
About the Role An opportunity exists for an experienced, highly motivated Work Health Safety Officer to join our HR & Wellbeing Team. As an integral part of the Safety team, you will work collaboratively to drive our WHS goals, processes, provide advice, assist injured workers, assist with ongoing programs/activities to improve safety performance/practices and promote safety and wellbeing across the organisation. What you will be doing:22-01-2023
- Present WHS Orientation to new staff;
- Assist in the delivery of Safety initiatives, programs & activities;
- Assist with workers compensation claims by proactively engaging with stakeholders and assisting with recovery at work process.
- Assist in the development & review Risk Assessments & Safety Work Method Statements(SWMS);
- Assist with Safety consultation processes & in the development & review of Safety Procedures processes;
- Conduct random spot checks to monitor contractor, volunteer & employee safety practices;
- Conduct Safety Walk & Talks with the Executive Team to monitor contractor, volunteer & employee safety practices;
- Coordinate drug & alcohol testing procedure;
- Maintain Council’s Chemical Management System & online Work Health & Safety Management System, providing assistance to workers in its implementation;
- Maintain Council’s First Aid & Fire Warden list & provide administrative support in Emergency Preparedness;
- Undertake ergonomic assessments, provide advice to workers and purchase & distribute Safety supplies.
- Certificate IV WHS and/or 2-3 years job-related experience, including workers compensation;
- Sound demonstrated knowledge of WHS legislation & practices;
- High level interpersonal, time management, communication, problem and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, work collaboratively, ability to deal with both sensitive & confidential information and meet tight timeframes;
- Experience in incident investigation, hazard identification and the development of risk assessments & SWMS;
- Well developed computer & good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite packages
Closed 2 months ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Human Resources
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:3rd Feb 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.