Careers at Council
- Full Time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Lifestyle location on the Murray River
- Enjoy a fortnightly Rostered Day Off
About usFederation Council is home to a thriving and diverse community located in an agriculturally rich and diverse area on the border of New South Wales and Victoria. The Southern Riverina region is the centre of one of the most productive wool, cereals and livestock growing areas in Australia. Only three hours from Melbourne, four hours from Canberra and six hours from Sydney, the region boasts a great climate and vibrant atmosphere and is an ideal location for families, businesses, and visitors to experience its exceptional lifestyle and opportunities. Federation Council employs 200+ employees delivering a range of services across the Council area. A Workforce Management Strategy has recently been developed and this position will play a lead in implementing the Strategy throughout the organisation.
The opportunityWe are seeking applications for a Human Resources professional to join our Corporate and Community team. Reporting to the Manager People and Culture, the Human Resources Advisor will provide efficient and effective human resource services to the organisation. In this role you will:
- Act as the primary HR contact.
- Implement the Workforce Management Strategy.
- Maintain Council’s Salary System.
- Provide accurate and timely advice in relation to performance management, disciplinary and grievance situations, and award interpretation.
- Coordinate recruitment and induction processes.
- Oversee annual staff appraisals.
- Maintain and develop policies and procedures.
- Act as Council’s Recover at Work Coordinator.
- Provide HR guidance to the Payroll function.
Skills and experience required
- Tertiary Qualification in Human Resources/related field or extensive experience relevant to the role.
- Understanding of NSW local, state and federal government roles and responsibilities.
- Return to Work Coordinator certification or ability to achieve.
- Current and valid class "C" driver licence.
- Ability to implement and manage HR record keeping and reporting systems.
- Understanding of Industrial Relations and ability to interpret Acts, Regulations and Awards.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities as well as plan and organise one's own work to achieve set objectives in the most efficient way possible within the available resources and timeframe.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
BenefitsFederation Council values our employees and the contribution they make to ensure the success and growth of our organisation. When you work for us, you can expect a challenging and rewarding work environment combined with excellent conditions including attractive salaries, hours and opportunities. Some benefits of working at Federation Council include:
- Regional relaxed lifestyle;
- Employees contribute to their local community;
- A family friendly organisation;
- Opportunities in career enhancement;
- Fortnightly rostered days off;
- Long service leave entitlements after 5 years’ service; and
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Closed 20 days ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:21st Jul 2022, 12:00 am