Careers at Council
About the role The Land Project Officer plays a key role in implementing a range of land and property projects to support the City’s major capital works and other strategic initiatives. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Commercial Services team to focus on land administration and property dealings. This may present an ideal opportunity for urban & regional planners and property professionals (including recent graduates) to learn a niche market role, which is increasingly in demand in the local government sector. In this role, you will undertake duties such as:28-09-2023
- Pro-active acquisition of land for public works
- Manage the purchase and sale of land for commercial and operational purposes
- Changes to Crown reserves, roads, rights of way, pedestrian accessways etc
- Provide subject matter advice on land and property matters to support major projects and the City’s capital works program
- Manage subdivision or rezoning of City land where required
- Management of contractors in line with procurement requirements
- Assist with communications for the Executive and Council, including the preparation of Council items, presentations, responses to questions, briefing of the Executive team etc
- Tertiary qualification in Urban & Regional Planning or Property ideal and/or experience in a similar or related role.
- Recent Planning or Property Graduates are encouraged to apply
- Experience with (or demonstrated knowledge of) the Local Government Act 1995 and Land Administration Act 1997
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and comfortable working with legislation and process
- Organised and efficient, with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Permanent, Full-Time Role
- Monthly Rostered Day Off
- Free Gym Membership to both Leisure Centres!
- Access to exceptional employee benefits
- $85,570.29-$90,264.87 per annum + super
Closed a month ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Architecture, Arts...
- Locations:Western Australia, Perth,...
- Closing Date:20th Oct 2023, 12:00 am