We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Open Space Planner is responsible in assisting to plan for the strategic development of the open space network, comprising of the parks and reserves system throughout the LGA. The position is responsible to update and maintain the asset management system as it relates to horticultural and landcare assets. Within this position there is a requirement to oversee the construction of new assets (project management), and the decommissioning of aged infrastructure.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Conduct Asset Management through undertaking strategic planning for park and reserve infrastructure to determine service levels required, ensure effective service delivery and provide the most efficient Life Cycle Cost for the required asset benefit.
- Assist the Manager in the implementation of the Open Space Master Plan, the Recreation Action Plan, Street Tree Master Plans and other strategic planning documents by both the public and private sector.
- Ensure the provision of appropriately maintained and relevant park and reserve infrastructure within resources available to meet the needs of the community through effective working relationships with Operations and Recreation and Open Space work units and other service providers.
- Oversee the horticultural and ‘Urban Forest’ arboriculture condition and Landcare condition of the Dubbo LGA.
- Ensure there is no adverse impact on the environment due to the development and operation of park and reserve facilities.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Diploma Qualification in Open Space Planning, Recreation, Landscape Architecture or associated discipline or currently undertaking undergraduate studies.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of open space concept plans, master plans, open space and planning and strategic plans.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to consult and negotiate with a range of stakeholders, including residents, ratepayers and community groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill and demonstrated ability to prepare concise and accurate plans and reports.
- Ability to discuss and evaluate issues and provide leadership and advice to management and team members.
- Sound understanding of current open space planning and design principles and practices.
- Outcome focused project management with excellent time and financial management capabilities.
You will be experienced in recreation and open spaces, have a high level of attention to detail and great communication skills. Additionally, you will enjoy undertaking hands-on community engagement to assist in the identification of community needs, and work in collaboration with the Greenspace Operations team to help deliver programs, recreational assets and opportunities to our community.
This role also has the opportunity to collaborate with the Property Asset Management group to ensure the maximum safe and cost effective useful life of the buildings located within the open space network so that they service the community at such service level(s) as defined by Council.
This is also an opportunity for you to develop your skills and abilities in a Supervisory role.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop Computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment.
A working with children check is required for this position.
Salary: $94,029-$109,278 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00 am Monday 26 September 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Recreation & Open Space - 6801 4700
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:26th Sep 2022, 12:00 am