People and Culture Officer
Division: Corporate and Community
Team: People and Culture
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Salary Range: Grade 13 (ranging between $74,907 to $84,444 p.a. depending on experience)
About Strathfield Council:
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, halfway between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA. Strathfield is home to a myriad of beautiful sports fields and open spaces which is showcased as the pride of the LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Opportunity:
Strathfield Council is seeking a dedicated and accomplished People and Culture Officer to join our People and Culture Team. We are seeking a professional employee to support staff through the employee lifecycle including new, departing, and moving staff. We are looking for an energetic individual to support the council in achieving its objectives and encourage the personal development of all the employees. The position requires providing timely, effective and appropriate administration of human resources services at Strathfield Council.
To undertake this position, the following responsibilities and duties are entailed as follows:
- Coordinate end to end onboarding, movements and exiting employees
- Provide advice to staff in relation to People & Culture related enquires
- Administer end to end recruitment and selection process for Council including job advertisements, shortlisting, interviews and communication of decision
- Assist in the preparation of all letters and other correspondence as required including letters of offer, probation, secondment and higher-grade duties.
- Assist in Council’s performance management, and learning and development programs
- Assist in Council in relation to WH&S and health and wellbeing programs
- Assist with salary market surveys and other research as required
- Collaboratively assist in the coordination of the council meetings including, investigation meetings, JCC meetings and staff meetings.
- Maintain employee Establishment, Organisational Chart and other documents
For a full list of accountabilities, please see our attached PD below
- Qualification in relevant and related field such as human resources, business, psychology, and/ or relevant equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in administering recruitment and selection processes;
- Experience in providing customer service with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven successful administration experience in a team environment;
- Ability to successfully perform tasks professionally, efficiently, and effectively;
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality with matters relating to the People & Culture Section
- Ability to work independently without supervision;
- Strong ability to build rapport and trust as first point of contact for the area;
- Experience with Microsoft applications;
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of organisational skills;
- Knowledge/practical experience in local government (Desirable).
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $74,907 to $84,444 p.a.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with access to Council’s Flex system;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements and 10.5% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications will have to address the Selection Criteria within the Position Description.
2.Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Michelle Wijangco on 02 9748 9999.
Council is an EEO employer with a special focus on attracting and retaining women in operational roles. Female applicants can be ensured of Council’s full support and encouragement in applying and upon appointment.
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 5th February 2023
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Human Resources
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.