About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation with approximately 600 staff members. Our people are working to make the Georges River area an accessible, green, diverse and innovative community and economy. We are dedicated to providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture, helping protect our natural environment, and making our suburbs more liveable.
About the Role
This role sits within our City Technical Services team, which manages and leads activities of Council's open spaces, including bushland and various environmental projects. Reporting to the Coordinator Engineering this role will assist in identifying, implementing and overseeing the construction of key building and civil works projects listed in the Community Strategic Plan and Operational Plan.
We’re looking for someone with a relevant qualification and demonstrated experience in project management, building/civil works with comprehensive knowledge of construction techniques and methods. You will also bring a customer focused approach and can-do attitude to engage and influence key stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for Council and the community.
Qualifications, Certificates & Licences
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction, Civil Engineering, or Equivalent
- Qualification in Project Management
- Workcover Construction Industry Induction (White Card)
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- Extensive experience in the project management of building/civil works with comprehensive knowledge of construction techniques and methods for projects.
- Demonstrated experience in budget and contract administration.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging stakeholders and the community.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated experience in grant, report and award writing.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of appropriate Australian Standards, relevant NSW Legislation and NSW State Government Policies, Technical Directions and Guidelines.
- Proven experience in Risk Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Work Health and Safety Legislation.
- Must be fully vaccinated (minimum 2 doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide Council with evidence of vaccination, or an accepted certified medical contraindication. Council reserves the right to confirm the validity of contraindications in accordance with NSW Health guidelines, and to direct a Worker to undertake an independent medical examination in relation to the issuance of a medical contraindication certificate.
About the Opportunity and what we can offer you
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Salary from $87,799.72- $101,727.32 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
- We promote work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements including 9 day fortnight
- Additional Health and Wellbeing paid leave
- Additional three grant days of paid leave over Christmas (where applicable)
- Long service leave after five years
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging options
- Sponsored Study Program
- Parental Leave and Support
- Shine Bright Rewards Program
- Ongoing Education and Resources
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description essential criteria, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact James Magee, Acting Coordinator Engineering on 9330 6213.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website. Closing Date: Sunday 17 July 2022 at 11.30 PM AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
We are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQIA+ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At Georges River Council we are committed to putting children first and championing child safety within our community. We actively advocate for the rights of children and young people and will uphold our commitment as a child safe organisation.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:17th Jul 2022, 12:00 am