When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- part time - 28 hours per fortnight
- the package: range between $36.90 - $44.00 per hour, plus superannuation
- location - Grafton | Maclean (to be negotiated)
- access to fitness passport
About the role
Are you passionate about biodiversity, and looking for a part time role assisting with the delivery of a range of environmental projects? If that sounds like you then Clarence Valley Council wants to hear from you!
Clarence Valley Council have opportunities within our award winning Natural Resource Management and Projects team who manage our key responsibilities in biodiversity, bush regeneration and weed management across the Clarence Valley landscape. This team was the winner of the 2022 LGNSW Excellence in Environment Award in the category of Natural Environment Protection and Enhancement: On ground works.
We are looking for someone to work 2 days per week to contribute to the delivery and implementation of biodiversity management projects which protect and restore the environmental values of the Clarence Valley. There are specific outcomes relating to threatened species such as flying-fox, koala, and coastal emu which this position will assist with. It is a challenging and rewarding task, you will contribute to the delivery of education programs and require the ability to liaise with Government agencies, community groups, and the general public in relation to projects as required. There is also the opportunity to contribute to delivery of education programs.
Download the position description here.
We have various opportunities within this award winning team, check them out below:
If you are you passionate about improving the natural values of this area, apply for a role in our team for the opportunity to grow your skills.
Reece Luxton, Coordinator Natural Resource Management & Projects on (02) 6641 7241
Tuesday, 31 January 2023 at 11.30 pm (NSW time)
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Grafton or Maclean locations (to be negotiated), however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
Relocating to the Clarence Valley?
We understand that considering a career with Clarence Valley Council may require you and your partner/family to relocate to the Clarence Valley. If your partner is also in need of work to make your relocation to the Clarence Valley a real option then talk to our careers team about whether we have opportunities within Council that suit your partners skills and capabilities. Check out our current opportunities on our careers page.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2023, 12:00 am