"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Support your Council to build capacity to respond to and manage Disaster Events
- Bring your Project Management skills to assist in building capacity for Council to respond to and manage Disaster Events
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Temporary Term Contract full time up to End June 2024
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
This role of Project Officer Emergency Management has been brought about through funding from the Federal and State Government in response to the Disaster Events on the Central Coast.
The role will see you working as a Project Manager providing support to management to enable delivery of a Robust Emergency Management Framework for Council, including development of systems, processes and training for implementation.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Leading and overseeing the project in relation to delivery of Council's Emergency Management Framework;
- Consultation with key stakeholders to implement processes and systems and work through risk management;
- Preparation of project related documentation inclusive of status updates and reporting.
- You are highly experienced in working across large multifaceted organisations in delivering projects;
- You are community focused with an interest in Disaster and Emergency management;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of emergency management professionals who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation;
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle;
- Generous Leave Provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health & Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave - 2 weeks
- Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families;
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle;
- Health & Wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations;
- Recognition of Service;
- Council Child Care Salary Sacrifice;
- Access to discounted Health fund;
- Our + Learning;
- Professional Development opportunities;
- Individual career development and learning opportunities;
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between $66.5k to $79.8k per annum + 10.5% superannuation.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role, with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Heidi Pegg, Section Manager Environmental Reporting and Emergency Management on ph: 0417 515 442.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday, 14 August 2022.
To download our Privacy Statement click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
For more information on applying for a role with Central Coast Council please click on the following link: https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/council/about-council/careers-and-volunteering/applying-position
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's 11 Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer time-slot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the Library enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without leaving the system as your application will not be saved.
** It is recommended that you review the questions and prepare your responses in a Word document or similar before commencing your on-line application. Your responses will not be saved if you encounter any problems submitting your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing [email protected] or phone 0409 601 161 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist '[email protected]' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2022, 12:00 am