The beautiful Eurobodalla Shire is located on Yuin Country on the far south coast of NSW and offers an enviable coastal lifestyle with easy access to Canberra and Sydney. From our beaches to our bushlands, rivers and mountains, the Eurobodalla is a place of inclusive communities embracing sustainable lifestyles.
With 143km of coastline, 83 beaches, 20 lakes and four major river systems, Eurobodalla is known as the land of many waters. Over three-quarters of our land area is open space, consisting of 10 national parks and 15 state forests.
Over 40,000 people call the Eurobodalla Shire home and we attract over 1.2million visitors every year.
About the role
This position is full time and based at the Moruya Administration Office.
Your main duties will include:
- Undertaking cadastral surveys and preparing Plans of Survey to accommodate roads, sewage and drainage, Council subdivisions and other cadastral work.
- Supervising the survey assistant and maintenance of survey equipment.
- Engineering and survey detail to suit client’s needs in reference to existing terrain, services, structures and cadastre.
- Offering specialist, technical advice to Council for review and updating of related policies.
What we offer
We promote equal access to opportunities and pride ourselves on creating a safe and engaging working environment that fosters wellbeing. We are dedicated to looking after our staff, knowing our people are our biggest asset, to ensure we are best placed to look after our community.
Culture and benefits
- Work/life balance through a range of flexible work options.
- 35 hours per week for administrative staff and 38 hours per week for operational staff.
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including access to free counselling through our Employee Assistance Program, Uprise Wellbeing App, Fitness Passport, Social Club, flu vaccinations and skin checks.
- Three days leave to cover Council closure at end of year period.
- 9 weeks Council provided paid maternal leave.
- Generous leave provisions including Long Service Leave after 5 years of continuous service, study leave and 3 weeks personal leave annually.
- Annual Award increases, performance reviews and a rewards and recognition program.
- Salary packaging program.
Total remuneration for the role is in the range of $104,676.38 to $119,629.40 gross per annum comprising of:
- $94,729.76 to $108,261.90 base salary
- $9,946.62 to $11,367.50 superannuation (calculated at 10.5%)
We need an enthusiastic and meticulous person to fulfill the requirements of this highly important role for Eurobodalla. The successful candidate will manage a balance between field and office tasks, be confident and personable with internal and external interactions and finally, must uphold an attentive, thorough approach towards all supervising and surveying responsibilities. To create a strong application, you must demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience in cadastral and engineering surveying.
- High skill level in Microsoft Office, 12D and AutoCAD software.
- Ability to use total stations, robotic stations, data controllers and GPS systems.
- Knowledge of land law, conveying, mapping and other relevant statutory legislation.
- Strong ability to communicate and correctly convey detailed information and data.
- Be a team-player and leader.
Please refer to the Information Package to view the required essential criteria and key result areas for this position.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below or go to the Eurobodalla Shire Council Vacant Positions website page if you found this vacancy via a job search website.
Applications close: 4.30pm Wednesday 1 February 2023.
Applicants found suitable through this recruitment process may be contacted for fixed term contract opportunities of less than 12 months where the position is similar in nature – meaning the position requires the same nature of duties, abilities, qualifications, experience and standard of work performance.
Please note there is no ability to save your application partway through. Please ensure you have enough time to complete your application prior to starting, by considering and preparing your answers to the selection criteria questions shown below in advance.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:2nd Feb 2023, 12:00 am