Division: Transport & Assets
Business Unit: Transport & Civil Infrastructure
Title: Road Asset Engineer, Permanent - Full-time Role, 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $98097.84 to $114006.02 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. Join us and you’ll be part of a tribe of people committed to promoting sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
Working closely with, and directly reporting to the Senior Engineer - Road Assets, the role of the Road Asset Engineer is to provide high quality technical support to the Transport and Civil Infrastructure Assets (TCI Assets) team, assist with managing the life cycle of road infrastructure assets, and assist with the development and delivery of a diverse range of Transport and Civil Infrastructure operational and capital projects. A key role of this position is to assist with the development of Council’s road resurfacing program and other asset renewal programs.
The range of tasks includes reviewing and managing asset life cycles, scoping, and proposing projects, writing and administering contracts, controlling activities and project budgets, reviewing feasibilities and co-ordinating consultants. The role is expected to have significant experience in project management and asset management with a technical focus on pavement engineering.
Other functions include updating Council’s asset register, pavement management system, undertaking inspections of road assets, accurately reporting on asset conditions, undertaking field inspections and identifying solutions for customer requests, scoping and delivery of minor projects, providing comments on Development Application referrals and other administrative tasks.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information and for the full list of Key Responsibilities.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Acting Manager, Transport & Civil Infrastructure Assets: Lily Parchizadeh on (02) 8495 6799 during business hours
- Applications close on 26/08/2022
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2022, 12:00 am