Cumberland City Council is located within the fast-growing Central City District and is on the doorstep of two of Greater Sydney’s new cities, between the Greater Parramatta and Olympic Park (GPOP) area and the new Western Parkland City. The Central City District is benefiting from unprecedented city-scale infrastructure investments, making this an exciting time to join Cumberland.
Located 20km west of Sydney on Dharug country, with a population of 240,000 residents, Cumberland is the fourth most populous LGA in Greater Sydney. Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia, with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another.
Our people are focused on driving community outcomes, programs and services to innovate, inspire and deliver change for the community we represent.
Cumberland City Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. Council has worked hard to fulfil its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Stormwater and Flood Management Planner contributes to the effective and efficient management of the community’s stormwater infrastructure and looking at improving the community’s resilience to floods.
The successful applicant will require:
- Degree in Civil/Hydraulic Engineering or equivalent with 3 Years’ experience in stormwater/flood management.
- Eligible to become a member of Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Sound working experience in flood related development assessment.
- Sound Experience using Hydraulics and Hydrologic software such as Drains, HEC-RAS, TUFLOW etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines on a daily basis with possession of excellent time management skills.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Effective report writing & oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with other staff, and/or consultants on special projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitments to WHS and EEO principles across all activities within the organisation.
- Current Class C Driver’s License.
- Hold a current General Construction Induction Card (white card).
Download the position description here for more information.
Position information: This is a permanent, full-time position, working a 70 hour fortnight, with access to Council's 9 day fortnight Accrued Day Off (ADO) arrangement.
This role is predominantly located at Council's Auburn office, with occasional travel required across Council worksites, and may be required to work across any of Council’s work locations.
Salary information: The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NSW Local Government (State) Award.
- Grade 12 of the Cumberland Salary Structure with a salary range of $1,705.18 to $1,960.96 per week, plus 10.5% superannuation
- The commencing salary will be negotiated, taking into consideration the successful applicant's qualifications, skills and experience related to the role
- This position also includes a Civil Liability Allowance (3.5%)
- Car allowance of $10,733.06 per annum or a leaseback vehicle
- Mobile phone.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- We promote work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements including working from home opportunities
- Training and professional development opportunities available to develop skills and grow your career
- Leave entitlements including annual leave, 15 days personal leave per year, parental leave and access to Long Service Leave after five (5) years (where applicable)
- Three (3) additional grant days of paid leave over Christmas (where applicable)
- Health and Wellbeing Programs to support our staff by providing access to online professional learning, paid leave to undertake annual skin checks, COVID-19 vaccinations and to donate blood
- Subsidies to assist with the cost of wellness and fitness activities
- Free access to Council owned swimming pools
- Access to Council's Fitness Passport Program and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks required for the position. This may include criminal record checks, qualification and licence checks, and proof of the right to work in Australia (please refer to the position description for the specific qualifications and requirements for this role). Copies of sighted documents will be kept by Council for its records as proof of verification.
Council's COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure has been designed and adopted to protect the health and safety of our people, our customers and the community. It is a condition of employment that all applicants produce evidence of their vaccination status as part of the employment screening process.
Enquiries: Telephone Rajan Rajarajan on 8757 9512 for further information.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 8 December 2022
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:8th Dec 2022, 12:00 am