Salary from $83,112.29 to $99,240.96 per annum + 10.5% super
+ access to Private Leaseback Vehicle / Pool Vehicle or $9,000 Vehicle Offset Allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
An opportunity exists for a dynamic and results driven individual to join Council’s Strategic Planning team in the role of Strategic Planner.
This role is responsible for contributing to the development of Council’s land use and transport planning, economic development policies and strategies ensuring that we achieve State, District and Council objectives. The role will involve the assessment of site specific planning proposals and the hosting of public exhibition processes. It is also to assist with the provision of planning advice to internal and external stakeholders regarding relevant Council and State planning related policies.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and be a willing and productive contributor in a team environment dealing with the complex urban and transport issues associated with a dense, high amenity inner city environment.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Town Planning or related discipline
- Knowledge of planning legislation and practice
- Experience in drafting planning instruments and policies
- Experience in development of planning strategies and policy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Class 1A/C Driver’s Licence
- Local Government knowledge or experience
- Computer literacy – spreadsheet, word processing and database
- Experience in urban design projects
- Research and analytical skills
- Customer service focus
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week with access to flex-time for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Enjoy an easy walk to spectacular harbour views during lunch
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 14 August 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2022, 12:00 am