- Looking for a tree change? Enjoy a rural lifestyle and advance your career in a vibrant local community!
- Attractive remuneration package of $106,392 – $117,468 + CLA, superannuation and salary sacrifice options available
- Relocation assistance + RDO every three weeks + flexible working hours!
Gunnedah Shire Council is an integral part of the Gunnedah community, a vibrant, warm and friendly town surrounded by the expansive Liverpool Plains and framed by the Kelvin Ranges. The Koala Capital of the world offers much more than just our famous furry friends! With a population of approximately 13,085, Gunnedah is a commodity hub and major destination on the intersection of the Kamilaroi Highway Touring Route and Oxley Highway.
We are now on the lookout for a full-time Strategy and Assets Engineer to join our friendly and supportive team to ensure our assets are well taken care of and meet quality standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engineer who wants to get out more - to get muddy boots AND do detailed office-based work in the same role.
Benefits on offer
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an organisation with a great culture and a shire with a fantastic sense of community! This role comes with an attractive salary circa $106,392 – $117,468 + CLA, super and a range of additional benefits, including:
- Salary packaging options to increase your take-home pay;
- Relocation assistance;
- Flexible working options;
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including subsidised external training up to $2,000 per year; and
- RDO every three weeks.
Your next opportunity
In this role, you will work closely with the Manager of Engineering Services to develop and maintain strategic plans for Council's infrastructure Assets.
- Ensure Infrastructure Assets provide the best value for community stakeholders;
- Provide specialist advice for strategic planning, development of options and financial analysis for civil and public infrastructure strategic planning;
- Manage consultancy contracts for strategic planning for infrastructure assets; and
- Provide technical support and quality administration support.
What you will bring to the team
To thrive in this role, you will possess tertiary qualifications in civil engineering and have experience collecting, managing, and ensuring the quality of large amounts of data. You will also possess previous experience working on-site with civil engineering projects and collecting on-the-ground data.
Although not essential, previous experience in project management is highly regarded.
You will have a strong understanding of assets, how they are built, how they work and the best way to maintain them while ensuring they continue to meet high standards.
Important are your effective time management skills and strong attention to detail. The ability to work effectively within a small team and take responsibility for your work will also be required.
Your communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to interact effectively with various internal and external stakeholders. You will take the time to understand your customers, seek unique solutions and deliver positive results for the individual and the community in the short and long term.
If you're looking to join a dedicated team in a vibrant local community, this is the role for you. Apply Now!
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE RECIEVED NO LATER THAN CLOSE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2022.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2022, 12:00 am