- Join an innovative and vibrant eastern suburbs Council
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight option
- Ongoing personal and professional development
Are you a current civil engineering undergraduate? Do you possess strong communication skills and have experience with Microsoft Office? Do you want to join a great team of friendly professionals including a forward-thinking leader who will encourage and develop you in your career? If this sounds like you, we have an internship opportunity that can offer a great start to your career.
The successful Student Engineer will join the Engineering Services team and be exposed to all aspects of the planning and management of Council’s infrastructure assets. This role will challenge and develop your decision-making skills and provide scope to gain experience in local government civil engineering practices.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- Commitment to learn
- Customer service focus
Things you will do:
- Liaise with the community and Council’s staff in relation to project construction issues and enquiries
- Undertake and assist in surveying and design
- Assist with investigating and actioning department customer service requests, correspondence, and reports
- General asset management, project management and financial management
- Undertake special projects and investigations
View the position description or contact Peter Cormican, Coordinator Engineering Services, on 02 9093 6906.
How to Apply:
Applicants should include two documents in their application, (1) a recent resume and (2) a summary no longer than two pages of how they meet essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for the position.
To be eligible to apply you must be currently undertaking a tertiary degree in Civil Engineering, Surveying, Environmental Engineering, or other Civil related Engineering streams and hold a current Class C driver’s license. The successful candidates must commit to working 35 hours per week for the full six (6) month internship commencing January 2023.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2022, 12:00 am