Careers at Council
- Full Time temporary 2-year position (35 hours per week) – enjoy a 9-day fortnight
- Join a diverse and family-friendly work environment
- $58,972.38 to $66,048.88 per annum plus superannuation
- 5 minutes to sunny Maroubra Beach and adjacent to Southpoint Shopping Centre
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Council’s natural environment and open space assets to deliver sustainable resource management outcomes.
- Support the development and review of environmental, resilience and waste strategies and plans, including the Environmental Strategies, Resilience Plan, Urban Forest Strategy, and Resource Recovery and Circular Economy.
- Conduct street and open space tree survey and inventory.
- Undertake research and analysis to provide timely and accurate advice, reports, and briefs including funding options to inform decisions.
- Build effective working relationships within Council, government agencies, and the community to achieve Council goals.
- Promote the positive and collaborative culture and values of the organisation through open, fair, and transparent decision making and ethical, professional behaviour.
- Work in collaboration with and assist the team, Manager, and other key stakeholders to achieve business unit goals, work requests, demands and council priorities.
- Undertake other reasonable tasks and actions as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Who has completed 50% or more of a relevant tertiary qualification or graduated in 2023 with a relevant tertiary qualification.
- With great understanding of adapting and demonstrating flexibility in a work environment.
- With sound communication skills, including written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical advisory abilities.
- With sound problem solving skills.
- Able to use Microsoft Office and other systems.
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year
- 15 days sick leave each year
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave each year
- Gym membership discounts
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents
Closed 10 days ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:20th Nov 2023, 12:00 am