Salary Range: $88,173.13 to $105,286.28 pa + 10% superannuation
+ 3.5% Civil Liability allowance
+ access to Pool Leaseback Vehicle or $9,000 pa Vehicle Offset allowance
35 hours per week with access to flexi time
-Level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience-
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD.
Council is seeking an experienced and qualified Civil Engineer or suitably qualified Traffic Engineer to work as part of a diversified team within our Engineering and Property Services Division, to develop, implement and administer traffic, parking and transport related initiatives.
The successful applicant will undertake traffic engineering and road safety investigations, parking analysis and management, community consultation, development applications and proposals assessments and assist with the planning and implementation of local area traffic management schemes.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised University with a minimum of three years' experience
- Current Class C Driver's Licence
- Sound knowledge of relevant standards and procedures relating to traffic engineering in a local government context
- An understanding of contemporary traffic engineering practices and techniques.
- Practical knowledge of Australian Standards for traffic, bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team and multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all individuals, professional, industry, community and Government groups.
- Demonstrated experience in operating in an environment with demanding workload and time constraints.
- Post-graduate experience in the traffic management field in local government
- Knowledge of project management with a focus on meeting key project deadlines
- Experience in the assessment of development applications
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
- North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Kick Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description; Click Here
Closing Date: 19 July 2022 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. North Sydney Council also adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:19th Jul 2022, 12:00 am