We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
A unique and exciting opportunity exists for the right person to join our Infrastructure Strategy & Design branch and contribute to the engineering and safety of Council’s roads infrastructure.
We work on extremely unique and exciting projects every day as we own and operate our infrastructure. On any given day as the Traffic Engineer, you could be focusing on engineering initiatives that Council can deliver for safer outcomes, managing route safety assessments and audits on routes, providing advice on infrastructure designs in the context of the Safe System Approach, or applying for grant funding through Road Safety or Active Movement streams.
This position is responsible for providing advice and services to the organisation on traffic engineering and road safety matters, heavy vehicle route assessments, permits and infrastructure improvements, maintenance of Council owned off-street car parking, transport and traffic management and road safety including the Safe System Approach and behavioural matters.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Undertake and organise Road Safety Audits for the organisation using internal resources or external consultants.
- Provide advice on infrastructure designs in the context of the Safe System Approach.
- Provide advice to the Manager Infrastructure Strategy and Design on long-term strategies and plans.
- Liaise with the Senior Transport Asset Specialist and other Infrastructure staff to assist in the development of asset management strategies and plans.
- Assist the Senior Traffic Engineer and Senior Development Engineer with the review of traffic aspects of proposed developments.
- Liaise with Transport for NSW (TfNSW) to implement road safety action.
- Liaise with TfNSW and the Manager Infrastructure Strategy and Design to develop and implement a road safety strategy for the Local Government Area.
- Liaise with TfNSW and other stakeholder groups to finalise and implement a Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan (PAMP)/Active Movement Strategy.
- Develop draft plans for the provision of road safety services to the corporation and other approved entities.
- Investigate and develop a program for the implementation of additional cycling and pedestrian infrastructure.
- Report to the Local Traffic Committee monthly on road safety issues, and other issues as delegated by the Manager Infrastructure Strategy and Design or Senior Traffic Engineer.
- Pursue all Road Safety related grant funding in conjunction with the Senior Traffic Engineer and Senior Transport Asset Specialist.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering as recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal and external customers utilising strong skills in negotiation and well-developed report writing skills.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
You will be an engineering professional who is innovative, engaging and a real people person with excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a dynamic team. Road Safety Auditor accreditation, understanding of the Safe Systems Approach and previous experience in Local Government will be viewed favourably, as well as experience in developing Active Movement Strategies/PAMPs.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program and well being program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop Computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active social club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of the position requirements including the position criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $86,656-$100,708 per annum plus superannuation and Engineers Allowance.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 8 August 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Infrastructure Strategy and Design - 02 6801 4911
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 3:50 pm