About Shoalhaven City Council Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role This is a full-time permanent position, Monday to Friday 35 hours per week. Located in Nowra Administration Building
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Duties Reporting directly to the Lead - Organisational Development, the focus of this position is to:
- work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the business to design, develop, deliver and evaluate face-to-face, eLearning and blended learning solutions which support the implementation of Council’s staff development program.
While this is a general Training and Development Officer role, this position will also have a degree of focus on educational technologies / IT training.
Skills & Experience In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment, other qualification(s) in Adult Education and / or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated expertise in needs analysis, design and delivery of adult learning
- Demonstrated experience in providing tailored and expert advice to staff and managers at all levels throughout the business regarding learning and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing workloads and deliver within deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously and with minimum direction
- Willingness to conduct learning activities at diverse locations and with varied start / finish times
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Proof of Australian residency or citizenship
Benefits We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development program
How to Apply You will be required to submit an online application by attaching your resume (please ensure you submit in Word or PDF format) and responding to questions regarding general information about you.
In addition, you will be required to demonstrate how you satisfy the requirements of the position by answering the below questions relevant to the essential criteria as outlined in the job advertisement.
For more information on the application process, please visit how to apply on Councils website.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate Core Values are: Respect, Integrity, Adaptability and Collaboration. Please choose one Value and advise how you have enacted this Value in a professional setting.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
- Briefly describe any experience you have had in designing and / or delivering IT-related training
Contact: Sandra Stopher – Lead - Organisational Development (02) 4429 3575
Applications Close: Wednesday, 13 July 2022 (at Midnight) Shoalhaven City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing diversity and inclusion, and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:13th Jul 2022, 12:00 am