At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award winner in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Penrith is a dynamic City offering engineering professionals a variety of challenges and exposure to a diverse range of experiences and opportunities for professional growth. In Engineering Services, we partner with staff across our organisation, people in our communities, state and federal agencies, businesses, and interest groups to deliver a range of programs and services to our City, including transportation, drainage, development engineering, and traffic management.
About the role
The Transport Engineer will Provide Council, the public and developers advice on Traffic and Transport issues including the preparation and management of programs for Cycleways, Traffic Facilities, Black spot identification and analysis. The role will also involve the preparation of reports for consideration by the Local Traffic Committee on Traffic and Transport issues and involve assessment of development referrals for traffic generation and parking supply. The role will require the incumbent to work alongside Traffic Engineers and Transportation Planning Staff and take a pragmatic approach to providing improved Transport outcomes for the Penrith LGA.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering or a related field. Applicants that have successfully completed a minimum of 3 years of equivalent full-time study and are enrolled to complete their qualifications will be considered.
- Working knowledge and experience in Local Traffic Engineering and /or Transport Planning.
- A working knowledge of contemporary traffic legislation and procedures, and statutory instruments, including the Australian Road Rules, Austroads, Australian Standards and Roads and Maritime Services supplement.
- Working experience in investigation and analysis of intersection capacity and safety.
- Working experience in designing traffic facilities and conducting swept path analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO and WH&S and ethical practice principals at all times.
- A current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of reports to the Local Traffic Committee.
- Experience in traffic modelling and parking analysis.
- Experience in development assessment on traffic and parking matters.
Commencing salary: $81,635.00 per annum plus 10% Superannuation and a 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Michael Alderton, Development Engineering Coordinator, on 4732 7958.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:No closing date specified