Careers at Council
About the role: Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving The Hills Community, providing accurate, effective technical assessment and recommendations relating to development impacts on tree management matters? We are seeking a Tree Management Officer to join our Environment team. In this role you will be responsible for providing expert arboriculture advice, making determinations on tree management applications, reviewing arboricultural reports, providing comments in relation to development/subdivision applications and resolve customer request regarding tree matters including tree and vegetation removal. Duties include:16-11-2022
- Review development applications/planning proposals considering arboriculture & landscaping issues;
- Resolve customer phone and online enquiries;
- Provide technical advice to internal and external stakeholders;
- Assess, inspect and determine tree management applications;
- Assess, research, document and resolve customer requests regarding tree and vegetation removal;
- Carry out duties under the State Environmental Planning Policy, EP&A Act & Local Government Act;
- Inspect areas of native vegetation and determine applications for clearing;
- Prepare statement of evidence, affidavits and appear in Court as an expert witness;
- Prepare statement of basic facts and contentions and briefs of evidence.
Closed 4 days ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2022, 12:00 am