- Salary up to $96,651.60 p.a. plus superannuation
- Fully maintained private use motor vehicle with secure parking in Double Bay
- Fortnightly RDO and potential to work from home two days per week - flexible work/life balance
Woollahra is an area steeped in natural beauty and heritage appealing to residents, businesses and visitors who enjoy its many parks, waterfront locations and historic buildings. Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tree Officer to join our Open Space & Trees department at Woollahra Council on a permanent, full-time basis.
Reporting to the Tree Management Team Leader and working closely with the Senior Tree Officer, you will be responsible for the management of the privately owned tree population throughout the Woollahra local government area. You will be required to provide advice on Council's tree management policies and projects whilst balancing the competing interests of maintaining and enhancing Woollahra’s canopy cover and providing for development on private property.
- Protect and enhancing Council’s urban forest.
- Assess applications associated with tree works and development.
- Provide high quality advice to internal and external customers in line with industry best practice and relevant Australian Standards.
- Inform the community about proposed trees related projects.
We are looking to engage an experienced professional with prior experience in a relevant role. You have a sound understanding of the legislation and demonstrate the ability to provide technical expertise to a range of stakeholders. You will be a high achiever that has:
- Tertiary qualifications in Arboriculture at minimum AQF Level 5, or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge of relevant Acts, Planning Instruments, arboricultural best practice and industry standards.
- Demonstrated experience and training in tree assessment including risk and development impacts.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing a range of technical expert reports associated with the management of trees in urban environments.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to achieve objectives and meet project targets.
- Demonstrated initiative in problem identification and solving.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to providing quality customer service.
- Computer literacy.
- Class C motor vehicle licence.
- Commitment to and understanding of WHS & EEO principles.
What’s in it for you?
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation and we pride ourselves on creating a safe and engaging working environment.
We are dedicated to looking after our staff, because if we look after our people, we will be better placed to look after our community.
Eligible staff will be entitled to some of the following benefits:
- Fortnightly/three RDO
- Work from home arrangements (up to two days per week)
- Subsidised gym membership through Fitness Passport with access to 810+ fitness facilities
- Generous personal leave provisions (E.g. Long Service Leave after 5 years’ of continuous service, Parental Leave, Health & Wellbeing Days, Study Leave)
- High quality training and development opportunities
How to apply
- Apply online by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria may not be considered.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Andrew Simpson, Team Leader - Tree Management on 02 9391 7130 during business hours.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59PM on Sunday 7 Augst 2022
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (minimum two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature aged workers to apply.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2022, 12:00 am