JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Waste Management Environmental and Projects Officer to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
The Waste Management Environmental and Projects Officer is responsible for ensuring the Singleton Waste Management Facility achieves or exceeds all environmental and legislative compliance requirements for the site. The role is responsible for the development, implementation and management of all environmental plans, the completion of environmental inspections, sampling, monitoring, and reporting required on site.
The Waste Management Environmental and Projects Officer will also be responsible for the delivery of small environmental and operational projects onsite at the Waste Management Facility and will assist in the delivery of capital projects when required.
- Tertiary qualifications (degree) in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or a related discipline.
- Sound understanding of relevant Local, State and Federal legislation, policies and programs, as applicable to waste and environmental management.
- Proven experience in the environmental management and operations of a waste management facility and / or wastewater treatment works or similar licenced facility.
- Proven experience in environmental sampling and analysis including surface water, ground water, leachate, gas, noise and odour.
This position is offered on a permanent, fulltime basis working 35 hours per week. This position is eligible for 1 RDO every 3 weeks or the applicant can request alternative flexible working arrangements by negotiation.
Remuneration for this position is based on Grade 11 of the salary system which equates to a base salary between $77,357 - $87,016 per annum plus superannuation plus vehicle allowance currently set at $16,309.27. Total remuneration package of $101,789 - $112,426.
WHY JOIN US?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
To find out about all the amazing things Singleton Council is doing for the community click here to explore our webpages.
Why work for Singleton Council? Click here to check out our careers page and to see what is on offer.
For further information regarding this role please see the position description.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
For a confidential conversation about this exciting opportunity contact Sean Blackford, Coordinator Waste Management Environmental and Projects on 02 6578 7290.
To be eligible for this role you MUST have the Right to Work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 29 JANUARY 2023
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:30th Jan 2023, 12:00 am