About the Opportunity
Parkes Shire Council has a permanent full-time opportunity for an experienced professional to join our organisation in the role of Water Asset Engineer.
Developing and implementing best practice asset management solutions for Council's infrastructure assets in accordance with Council's Asset Management Strategies, you will maintain Council's assets maintenance management, capital and finance systems and provide data analysis to prepare asset delivery programs.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Operations, you will lead a small team that will assist with the maintenance of Council's asset data. You will collaborate with other Council staff, other agencies, contractors and consultants, ensuring that our asset management planning supports Council's services and meets our community needs and objectives.
Remuneration and Benefits
The appointment will be in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award and Parkes Shire Council's policies and conditions of employment:
- The Grade applicable to the position is Grade 16 to 17 within Council's salary structure
- Additional 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance is payable in accordance with Award provisions
- The annual salary range is from $90,000 ($49/hr) to $111,000 ($61/hr) (incl. Civil Liability Allowance) plus 10.5% superannuation. Starting salary to be determined dependent upon the qualifications and experience of successful applicant
Benefits of working at Council include:
- 35 hour working week
- Four weeks Annual Leave per year
- Access to Long Service Leave after five years
- Fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Financial assistance with relocation expenses
- Access to salary packaging options through Salary Packaging Australia (SPA)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
This role is for a skilled professional who has the passion, drive and technical knowledge to develop, implement and drive best practice asset management solutions.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Sound knowledge in best practice asset management solutions
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing best practice asset management solutions
- Sound project management skills and ability to plan, prioritise and execute multiple projects
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders in order to determine the best solution to achieve organisation outcomes
- SafeWork NSW Construction Induction (White Card)
- Current and maintained Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check
- National Police History Check
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
Water Asset Engineer - Click Here
About Parkes Shire Council
Parkes Shire Council is a progressive and innovative organisation that embraces new ideas and has adopted a philosophy of continuous improvement. Council is committed to delivering progress and value to our community through living our corporate values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Safety and Teamwork.
Council has been acknowledged for Excellence in Local Government as the winner of the prestigious AR Bluett Memorial Award in 2016 which recognises the most progressive rural council in the state, based on all council operations and services.
Council values our position as a progressive, cohesive and well respected employer of choice. We are proud of our corporate values which guide the work we do, the choices we make and how we interact with each other and the community. For our employees we provide career development and succession planning opportunities across a large range of trades and professions.
Council embraces a LEAN philosophy across its operations in an effort to maximize the value and service we deliver to our community with a commitment to best practice work health and safety for our staff and stakeholders. In our quest for improvement Council has achieved formal accreditation under ISO45001:2018 framework for our Work Health and Safety Management System. This highly regarded accreditation recognises the dedication and commitment from Council staff to ensure safety management systems are robust and efficient and more importantly that a safe workplace is provided for our staff, contractors, visitors and volunteers.
Find out more about working at Parkes Shire Council and why Parkes is a smart move:
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position.
To apply for this position:
- Select Apply Now
- Complete the Application Form including the Screening Questions
- Attach your resume and any other relevant documentation
Council will only accept applications submitted on line, however if you do not have access to a computer or other electronic device, the Human Resources team, Engineering Administration staff or your local library staff will be only too happy to assist you.
Parkes Shire Council operates a merit-based recruitment process and proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal persons are encouraged to apply.
In the event you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process:
- A pre-employment physical examination (at Council's expense), including a hearing and alcohol and other drugs test
- Please include two work related referees in your resume for reference checking purposes - please ensure your referee details are current
- Provide the applicable Working with Children Check number if the role applied for requires a Working with Children Check
- Undertake any other applicable screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council may also check authenticity of certificates and qualifications
Working With Children Check
To create a child safe environment, all Council employees will require a Working With Children Check number. Applicants need to possess or express a willingness to apply for a Working With Children Check. More information can be found at www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
As part of the recruitment process, Parkes Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file and only accessed by members of the Recruitment Selection Panel.
Other Important Details
Enquiries: Telephone Andrew Francis on (02) 6861 2333 for further information.
Closing Date: 11pm AEST on Sunday, 17 July 2022.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your Application!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:17th Jul 2022, 12:00 am