Be passionate. Be progressive. Hawkesbury City Council.
- Salary negotiable from $79,741 to $95,673 plus super
- 2x Full Time positions - 35 hours per week
- 9 Day Fortnight
This role represents a unique opportunity to join an organisation that is committed to building high performing teams, working together to deliver outcomes for the community through innovation and best practice. We have passion and enthusiasm, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this journey.
As the WHS Officer, you will work directly with staff to promote and drive a continuously improving safety culture at Council. You will work across a broad range of Council's operations to monitor compliance and the effectiveness of Council's Work Health Safety and Injury Management (WHS&M) System. This includes training staff in the development of risk assessments, safe work method statements, as well as day-to-day WHS tasks including workplace inspections, toolbox talks and incident investigations. You will also be involved in coordinating the delivery of proactive health and wellbeing initiatives.
This is a field and office based role; your hours may vary based on organisation requirements.
Duties of the position include:
- Contributing to the effective development, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of Council’s WHS&IM System and Compliance Auditing program.
- Assisting with the identification of work health safety training needs and identification of appropriate training within the organisation.
- Supporting Council’s health and wellbeing functions across the organisation.
You must have:
The WHS Officer role requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated person who has excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work to meet numerous deadlines. You will require:
- Certificate IV in WHS
- A strong understanding of work health safety, WHS legislation.
- Demonstrated WHS experience, ideally with experience in multiple industries including construction.
- Demonstrated experience in WHS routine workplace inspections, accident / incident investigation and compliance auditing.
- Experience in developing and delivering necessary WHS training packages.
- Sound negotiation, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within Council as well as external providers.
- Class C Drivers License.
While a Council fleet vehicle may be available at times, there may be requirements to use your own vehicle for some work related travel, for which you would be paid the motor vehicle allowances in accordance with the Award.
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience.
Hawkesbury City Council also offers a great working environment where your career and development matters. We offer a range of benefits from flexible work arrangements, discounted gym memberships, study assistance to flu vaccinations and other wellbeing initiatives.
To Apply: For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or if you do not have access to our website call Council’s People and Development Team on 02 4560 4444.
Applications close 5pm, 28 August 2022
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Please note that the canvassing of Councillors in relation to these matters will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:29th Aug 2022, 12:00 am