Careers at Council
About the role As the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Officer, you will work directly with frontline staff to promote and drive a continuously improving safety culture at council. You will work across a broad range of Councils operations to monitor compliance and the effectiveness of councils Safety Management Systems. This includes assisting all staff in the development and facilitation of risk assessments, safe work methods, as well as day-to-day WHS tasks including workplace inspections, toolbox talks, on the job training and incident investigations. You will also be involved in mentoring and developing staff on all safety matters. About you We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced WHS Officer, ideally with experience in multiple industries including construction, to join our dynamic team! You will be a great communicator who has the ability to adapt your approach to meet the needs of a diverse workforce. You will have solid computer literacy skills and be strong team player; you will be proactive and pragmatic and able to influence the safety culture across the entire workforce. About Coffs Harbour City Council Coffs Harbour City Council is a leader in Local Government, committed to the pursuit of excellence for our community. This means that we strive to deliver excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do. We support our people to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally whilst being transparent and responsible in all that we do. What we offer24-06-2022
- This is a permanent 35-hours a week role, offering a stable career choice.
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Scope for performance based salary increases.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
- Participate in innovative, challenging projects.
- Please note: applications must be submitted via Council’s Careers page and close 9pm AEDT on the closing date. More details about the role can be found on Council’s Careers page by clicking on Download PD.https://www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/Your-Council/what-we-are-doing/Pages/Positions-Vacant.aspx
Closed a month ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:11th Jul 2022, 12:00 am