Our Graduate Program
We recognise the value graduates add to our business. So, we designed a program that gives you meaningful work, access to experienced mentors and the opportunity to learn and grow. We are an action-oriented company where not only will you be developed but your ideas and suggestions are also always welcome!
We are looking to ultimately develop you into a Operations Manager or technical expert - in the future you could be leading teams, improving plant reliability or being the one who solves some of our most complex and challenging problems. As a Graduate Engineer, you will complete 2 x 12 month rotations, spending your time across our two major integrated cement plants and gain a wealth of knowledge and experience of our operations. You will be given day-to-day responsibilities, critical project work (even managing your own!) and both structured and on-the-job learning. There may also be the opportunity to complete short projects that take you to our other sites to broaden your experience.
We will connect you with mentors and provide opportunities to network with other graduates. As a future leader of our business, it is important to us that you do “real work” and therefore you’ll be exposed to the full cycle of our operations. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet with, engage and present to senior leaders in our business to help develop those important soft skills to compliment your technical knowledge.
As a Process Engineer
Joining our Operations division, you will provide technical support, information and recommendations to teams and leaders in process operations, engineering and maintenance. With the goal of managing cement and clinker quality and variability, you will:
- Troubleshoot process problems and identify solutions that will drive quality, productivity and systems improvement
- Analyse data, problem solve and troubleshoot plant reliability issues
- Provide technical advice and input into a range of projects
- Assist with development and implementation of plant trials and audits
- Manage or contribute to improvement projects
Manufacturing clinker and cement is a technical process and you will be challenged as you work with the team to achieve operational goals, making a valuable contribution to each site.
- You have or are close to completing a Bachelor of Engineering in a relevant discipline
- You have experience working in a team environment
- You can build rapport and great relationships with a wide variety of people
- You are resilient, tenacious and enjoy analysing data and problem solving
- You bring a positive attitude, a love of learning and a willingness to tackle whatever comes your way
- You are able to travel for work and relocate for each rotation (support provided by us). Rotations will include Gladstone, QLD and Railton, TAS.
Why apply for our program?
- A truly hands on role that will help learn and develop new skills as an engineer
- Solve real issues and develop to your full potential
- Be part of a supportive team that will help you achieve your goals
- Learn from people who are experts in their field and want to share their knowledge
- Opportunity to travel
- On the job and structured learning
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Brisbane, Regional Queensland,...
- Program Duration
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:22nd May 2022, 11:00 pm