Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia leads the development of two of Australia’s largest natural gas facilities - the Gorgon and Wheatstone Projects - and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students from around Australia who are studying at University. The Cadetship will be based in Perth, Western Australia and has there is potential for a site visit.
What is Chevron’s Aboriginal Cadetship Program?
Chevron’s Aboriginal Cadetship Program supports Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students to successfully complete their university degree and gain valuable work experience in a leading international liquefied natural gas (LNG) business. Chevron provides a study allowance and 12-weeks of paid vacation employment to students on the program.
Chevron’s Aboriginal Cadetship Program provides an exciting opportunity for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students to commence a rewarding career in the energy and resource sector.
Who we are looking for
We encourage applications from motivated and talented Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander university students with a keen interest in the oil and gas industry to apply for our Aboriginal Cadetship Program.
We are looking to hear from candidates from the following areas:
- Earth science – geology, geophysics
- Data science
- Information technology
- Drilling & completions
- Health, safety and environment
- Corporate affairs
- Human resources
- Health & medical
- Strategy, planning & commercial
To be eligible for the program you must:
- Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and able to provide confirmation/proof of your heritage
- Be enrolled for full time study at an Australian university and
- Be available for full time employment from 22 November 2021 until 11 February 2022
What we can offer you
The Chevron Aboriginal Cadetship Program gives you the opportunity to participate in our industry-leading oil and gas projects while acquiring practical skills relevant to your field of study.
As a cadet with Chevron, you will receive:
- 12-weeks paid summer vacation employment at Chevron Australia’s head office in Perth
- Annual study allowance of $12,000
- Annual books and equipment allowance of $1,000
- Ongoing professional support and mentoring
- Opportunity to be considered for Chevron’s Horizons Graduate Development Program upon completion of a relevant degree
Chevron puts people at the centre of everything we do — from protecting the safety and health of our people and the environment, to helping you succeed.
We provide ongoing education and training to help you cultivate your skills and expand your career within a diverse, supportive and collaborative workplace.
How to apply
Applications for Chevron Australia’s Aboriginal Cadetship Program are currently open until Sunday 2 May 2021. Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised closing date.
Please ensure you attach your resume, a cover letter, a copy of your most recent academic transcript, and confirmation of Aboriginality*.
*Confirmation of Aboriginality is a letter, signed by an authorised representative of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander incorporated organisation (on letterhead or under a common seal), verifying that you:
- Are of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Are accepted as such by the community in which you live or have lived.
Chevron Australia values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We actively encourage people of all abilities, LGBTIQ+ identities and all age groups to apply. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Posting Close Date: Sunday, 2 May 2021
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:2nd May 2021, 2:00 am