Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organizations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Casual Teacher – Engineering (Mechanical) you will provide professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learners, the organizations that employ them and the communities they serve.
Focusing on excellence in learner support, teaching delivery and learning assessment, your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners.
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles.
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as employers, schools and other education providers to explore pathway options for learners as required.
- Implement the Institute’s Educational Excellence Framework across all teaching and learning practice.
- Maintain professional development by ensuring educational currency and excellence and actively participating in the development of own annual professional development plan in line with Institute practices and policies.
You will have the following:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116).
- Vocational qualifications at an AQF level 4 and/or Diploma in Engineering/Mechanical Trade.
- Bachelor of Engineering (desirable).
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (desirable).
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience.
- Registration with relevant professional bodies/associations as required for the discipline.
Crucial to your success will a strong understanding of contemporary approaches education, teaching and learning. A proven track record in design and delivery of up to-date and engaging programs in conjunction with the ability to motivate and guide students to optimize their learning outcomes.
You will have the ability to quickly develop rapport with students and colleagues from a diverse background in a collaborative and innovative environment. As well as have a firm understanding of educational administration tools and practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5pm Friday 28 May 2021.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter.
- curriculum vitae (less than 3 months old).
- contact details of three (3) referees.
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check.
- National Police Check.
- International Police Check (if applicable).
- Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g.. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Matthew Baker, Manager – Engineering on +61 3 9238 8508.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Education, Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:24th May 2021, 1:59 pm