- Start: Jan 2020
- Duration: 6 months - Jan – July 2020
Why you'll love Cisco:
Are you ready to change the World? Do you want to be passionate about your employer and the brand you represent? Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with expert mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
Cisco's Data Center Technical Marketing Team is looking for an intern to help develop automation workflows for Data Center products integration.
We're looking for a candidate who can demonstrate network automations skills as well as the ability to quickly understand application architecture and network systems. Your main task will be to help us build automation workflows with the goal of integrating multiple products together, based on real life use cases.
By working within our team you will also have a chance to learn cutting-edge Data Center networking technologies directly from the people who are building Cisco’s datacenter portfolio.
How You Can Stand Out
- You are in excellent academic standing while pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- You’re hungry to get your hands on new, exciting technologies and have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, engineering, and networking
- Willing to learn
- Up-to-date on programming and scripting languages
- Linux, Python, bash are fundamental
- Ansible,Terraform, Jenkins are a plus.
- Familiar with REST API development
- You can tackle problems with a structured approach and factor in automation and opens source tools to reach your objectives
- Excited to work in a global team and can expertly collaborate with others
- Synthetic thinking and straight to the point using your verbal and written skills
Who You’ll Work With
Our team is spread across APJC, USA and EMEAR and you will have the chance to work in a truly diverse and multi-cultural environment.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- Job type:Internships
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:19th Dec 2019, 12:59 pm