Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Key Objectives of the Role and the Team:
The successful candidate will be a key member of a geographically dispersed team that is responsible for the management, access and security of over 150,000 PC, Mac & Linux endpoints used by employees globally.
You should be a positive ‘team player’ with a can-do attitude and strong work ethic. Previous support experience troubleshooting macOS and Windows 10 would be highly regarded. More important is a passion for user experience, using data and analytics to ensure user laptops and devices provide a “frustration free” computing experience.
- Assisting with the operational maintenance of a global fleet of over 150k devices Liaising with users, seeking feedback and resolving problems.
- Process improvement- employee onboarding and PC refresh.
- Testing, QA, patching & software deployments
- Developing technical prototype environments and concepts
- Participate in evolving and influencing industry trends, technologies and direction
The following skills are highly desired:
- Proficient in both Windows 10 and macOS 10.13 and newer
- An understanding of virtual and cloud technologies
- Networking basics
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly terms
- Self-motivated and directed, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent track record in working in a user focused, fast-paced, highly complex organization
- Would suit a Computer Science (or equivalent) graduate with some industry experience
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian or New Zealand Citizen
If you are interested in assisting with the delivery of innovative solutions, in a great working environment, working with people all over the world, then we would love you to join our team.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering Software,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:8th Apr 2020, 1:59 pm