As part of the Cisco CX organisation, you will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and supportive team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for some of Cisco's biggest customers. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical Service organisations and will receive unique insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer focused on some of Cisco's key customers.
The function of a High Touch Engineer (H.T.E.) helps customers maximise network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The HTE delivers the technologies, solutions and services customers in need, to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments.
We are looking to recruit a Graduate keen to develop their career in networking, who is not afraid of change, and eager to grasp complex challenges. The Graduate will be trained in-house and will work side by side with seasoned engineers. You will have the opportunity to learn about the Cisco business for a total of 12 months as a great start to your career.
This is an opportunity for someone who possesses patience, empathy for customers, and the wish to hone skills whilst providing customer value.
Key Objectives of the Role and the Team
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with customer and other Cisco teams.
- Build relationships with customer to understand in a better way their networks to provide quicker and more effective results to their requests.
- Establish Technical Relationship to support customer network operations.
- Possess detailed knowledge of customer network, critical sites, operating procedures as agreed upon with customer
- Customer-specific designated support at network level to resolve and debug complex networking problems
- Escalation support for critical network outages and complex network issues.
- Proactively monitor and review the progress of all customer cases and engage as necessary.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on escalated or reoccurring problems as necessary.
- Attend weekly/fortnightly case review calls to drive resolution on reactive break/fix issues.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
We are looking for new talent with the following qualities and skills:
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, cross functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment.
- Ability to work as a team player and to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and stellar interpersonal skills
- Possess strong presentation and communications skills
- Have strong time management skills
- Have a desire to learn new and exciting things
Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS qualified (favourable - IT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering).
- Cisco certifications are a bonus (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, etc).
- You've been working for less than two years since graduating with your latest degree.
- Possess basic skills in some of the following areas; Java/Python, Database knowledge, UNIX/Linux and scripting
- Routing and switching knowledge
- Hold the right to live and work in Australia, without future company sponsorship required. Student visas and temporary permits obtained on your own will not be acceptable.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Engineering...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- POSITION START DATE
Jul 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 1:59 pm