Why You'll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you'll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You'll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Let's change the world together. Work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks. Be immersed in a small close knit group of cohorts, to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. You'll learn from industry experts. We value your ideas, perspective on how to get things done. Work on network infrastructures. Deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and the cloud.
What You'll Do
- Gain knowledge and experience with various Cisco solutions aimed at Service Providers
- Provide support in the demonstration of Cisco technology and solutions
- Participate in some customer engagements under the guide of a local Systems Engineer
- Assist the local SE team in the delivery of a POC engagement
- Provide admin support as needed
- Collaborate with peers and mentor new co-ops
- Receive in-depth training and build your skills as you earn industry-leading certifications (expected to receive CCNA by the end of the intern term)
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree in a technical field, such as Networking, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a similar field
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Passionate about networking, information technology or computer science
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, holding Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications and ability to script (Python or Java) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- Willing to take on new challenges and develop new skills
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian or New Zealand Citizen (student visa's or visa's obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Information Systems,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:22nd Dec 2020, 12:59 pm