Start Date: January 2022
Program Duration: 6-12 months (full time)
Location: St Leonards
Why You'll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you'll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You'll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Let's change the world together. Work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks. Be immersed in a small close knit group of cohorts, to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. You'll learn from industry experts. We value your ideas, perspective on how to get things done. Work on network infrastructures. Deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and the cloud.
What You'll Do
- Gain knowledge and experience with various Cisco solutions aimed at Service Providers
- Provide support in the demonstration of Cisco technology and solutions
- Participate in some customer engagements under the guide of a local Systems Engineer
- Assist the local SE team in the delivery of a POC engagement
- Provide admin support as needed
- Collaborate with peers and mentor new co-ops
- Receive in-depth training and build your skills as you earn industry-leading certifications (expected to receive CCNA by the end of the intern term)
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree in a technical field, such as Networking, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a similar field
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Passionate about networking, information technology or computer science
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, holding Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications and ability to script (Python or Java) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- Willing to take on new challenges and develop new skills
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian or New Zealand Citizen (student visa's or visa's obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering Electrical,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Program duration
6 - 12 months
- Salary range
- Position start date
- Closing Date:18th Nov 2021, 1:00 pm