Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact.
You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
As a Customer Experience Consulting Engineer, you will work on leading-edge technology with a keen focus on enabling Cisco’s global customers to achieve successful business outcomes. You will collaborate with and learn from industry-leading engineers. At Cisco, we value your ideas and perspective. We encourage you to innovate and push boundaries. You will join a cohort of engineers to build your technical expertise, learn Cisco specific technologies and how to build a positive experience for our customers.
You will make a proven impact on network infrastructure and solutions like security, mobility, and cloud. Customer Experience covers the full customer life-cycle experience. There are two main paths initially available to you when you join our team: professional services and support services.
What You'll Do
- Focuses on customer engagements that include End to End Solution Validation Services
- Consult with customers to identify problems and build the best solutions
- Review network requirements and contribute for design validation, network OS certification, new feature validation, automation of the complex network problem troubleshooting procedures etc
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of customers
- May require travel to customer sites (amount of travel varies with the role and technology)
- Focuses on ensuring our customers are able to fully utilize services by addressing technical issues and preventing costly down time.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues in network services
- Create technical documents to build Cisco's intellectual property and technical knowledge base
- Engage with wide, diverse customer base to help users get the most from their technology
- Reinstate customers' optimal network conditions
- Recent graduate or in your final year of study for a Bachelors, or Masters degree in a technical field (e.g., networking, computer science, IT, engineering)
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Real passion for networking, IT, or computer science; knowledge of adjacent technologies
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a dynamic team environment, and work independently
- Travel to customer sites (amount of travel varies with the role and technology team)
- Cisco or industry certifications a plus
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian or New Zealand Citizen
- Knowledge in routing, switching, data center networking, virtualization, mobility, wireless, unified communications, business video, security, or software defined networking
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering Software,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2020, 12:59 pm