Citadel’s Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) are Software Engineers (SWE), who work to incorporate best practices from SRE to finance, bringing innovation and cutting edge technology to reduce complexity and improve performance. SRE’s are responsible for taking applications to production, providing early support for applications in development, and ensuring crisp application function throughout its lifetime. SRE’s will have a deep understanding of how applications work and are able to rapidly iterate software for maximizing production quality.
Individuals within Citadel’s SRE teams will work closely with our development teams on automation, refactoring, and there will be movement between the SRE team and Dev teams to allow for maximum cross-pollination. The SREs are also involved in designing and deploying new generations of production applications and software infrastructure.
This role will primarily involve working with a cohesive team of engineers, developers, and the businesses, to build world class systems and the necessary tools to maintain and constantly improve. The position calls for someone with a mind to innovate, automate, and constantly use measurements and statistics to improve. Members of the Citadel SRE team have software development backgrounds and a range of interests including but not limited to chaos engineering, production engineering, networking, UNIX internals and large-scale systems design.
- Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of applications
- Own the automation of repetitive tasks and resolution of systematic issues
- Be a source of both ideas for improving applications and a part of the team that implements those ideas
- Understand the end to end flow across the various applications at both a technology and business level
- Identify and deliver green-field engineering solutions for issues based on root cause analysis
- Own incident management and resolution
- Lead by evangelizing the SRE mindset to other teams
- Provide support and ensure applications are production ready
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Fully proficient in at least one modern structured programming language. Python or Java preferred
- Comfortable with a range of current software development tools and practices (testing, source control, build systems, CI/CD etc)
- SQL and database experience a strong plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for learning, adapting to changing requirements and technology and inventing new approaches to hard problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. Our world-class capabilities position us to meet the liquidity demands of our diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions. In partnering with us, our clients, including asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies and public pension programs are able to gain a powerful trading advantage and are better positioned to meet their investment goals.
The team makes its mark every day from our offices around the world: Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, Toronto, Shanghai, Sydney, Dublin.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Software, Information Technology, Mathematics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:30th Jul 2022, 1:59 pm