You're the brains behind our work...
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network; we know that success can't come without growth. Our summer internship program equips you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on our team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi; we value internal mobility; and career growth is not a question of if; but when. Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Capital Markets Origination team in Sydney. Capital Markets advises corporate clients on capital raising activities and leads every part of the deal process: transaction origination, formulation of deal structure, security design, marketing and execution. Through Capital Markets, Citi executes Initial Public Offerings, follow-on equity placements, convertible bonds, investment grade / high yield bonds, asset / mortgage-backed securities, and loans.
Your time here will look something like this...
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The 11-week rotational program starts with an intensive training program that comprises of orientation sessions coupled with on-the-job training. Training will include advanced accounting concepts; valuation techniques; and an overview of Citi's key financial products. You will also be able to meet and network with Citi professionals from all parts of the bank through Citi's formal buddy and mentor program, as well as attend a number of formal and informal summer social events; both of which are great opportunities to hear people's experiences and learn more about the firm.
As a Summer Analyst in Capital Markets Origination, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects as if you were a full-time analyst, across both equity and debt capital markets - this is not a "shadow" position.
You will be required to:
- Compile, analyze, and assimilate financial information
- Research market moving events and relevant live deals, to prepare client-ready presentation materials to update on the capital markets
- Become familiar with equity, bond, or loan offerings, and play a fundamental role in deal origination and execution
- Understand the market factors and parameters for pricing an equity, bond, or loan offering in the real world
- Work hard, be proactive, and contribute to the team in a dynamic and stimulating work environment
Once you complete the program; you will be eligible for a full-time offer.
We want to hear from you if...
We're looking for motivated individuals in their penultimate or final year of university, pursuing a degree in any discipline. In addition, you will value hard work and creativity, and are motivated by creating a lasting impact with clients.
We'll also be looking for the following:
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with basic knowledge in finance and accounting
- Adaptability and resilience to work in a high pressure environment, with the capacity to multi-task
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive eagerness to learn
- Strong attention to detail with commitment to accurate and high quality work product
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Competent PowerPoint and Excel skills (desirable, not essential)
Applications will only be accepted online and must include:
- Resume (including GPA/WAM stated)
- Cover letter addressed to Citi and the Capital Markets team
Applications close noon 27th July at 12pm Sydney time. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore early application is highly encouraged!
We value diversity and so do you. All degree disciplines are welcome to apply for a Summer Internship at Citi.
Learn more about our programs here:
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Arts and Humanities,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Position Start Date
29 November 2021
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:27th Jul 2021, 2:00 am