Our Mortgages Credit Team is responsible for assessing mortgage applications to only eligible deals, to minimise risk to the Bank and provide exceptional service to our brokers and exceed customer expectations. A large part of the role of is to work with our stakeholders and vendors to strengthen our relationship and aim to towards first call resolution.
Your key accountabilities as a Credit Analyst, include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate assessment of allocated New Business and Variations applications. Applications are processed under the ‘Ownership Model’ which requires accountability of file management from allocation to final approval
- Thoroughly review application information/documentation and obtain a clear understanding of customer needs and loan purpose to ensure customer satisfaction within service levels.
- Professional, clear and concise communication to brokers and customers (and Sales Team where required) both over the phone and in writing throughout the stages of the assessment process. This includes approvals, declines, and requests for further information
- Package and submit deals requiring Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI)
- Liaise with Lenders Mortgage Insurance to obtain approval on proposed applications
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Business Development Managers, Mortgage Specialist, customers and brokers as per the ‘Ownership Model Contact Agreement’
- Review title searches for all deals prior to approval
- Obtain approval from Risk and Mortgage Product where exceptions are required
- Review the completed final approval with all supporting documents, sign and instruct Solicitors to prepare mortgage documents
- Management of post settlement clarifications regarding non maintenance of settled applications
- Proactively identify improvements to service delivery and efficiency
- This may include suggesting changes to credit risk policies, processes and procedures
- Keep abreast and adhere to Policies, Procedures and Risk Bulletins
- Adhere to time-frameses on Compliance Training and Quality Assurance
Competencies and Experience to be successful in this position the following skills and experience are advantageous:
- Experience in an operational environment/corporate environment (ideally obtained within banking and finance)
- Knowledge/experience in Mortgage products and operations, essential Knowledge/experience in Secured credit, essential
- Experience in Credit underwriting including a delegation in Mortgage Lending, desirable but not essential
- Experience in income verification and validation for PAYG and Self-employed applicants, desirable but not essential
- Strong experience in Customer Service and Sales, desirable but not essential
- Excellent professional communication skills, both oral and written with experience in documentation
- Education Qualifications: Preferred High level of computer literacy in MS Power Point and Word / Intermediate level in Excel
- Higher School certificate or equivalent
- Tertiary qualifications desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of implications for working within a regulated environment
- Well organized, attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
- Adaptable to change
- Minimal supervision required
- Able to work autonomously and within a team environment
When you work at Citi, you’ll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact.
Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Banking and Finance,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 7:00 am