UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL & CREATE A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR ALL
At CommBank we want you to be in charge of your own career, that’s why we give you a chance to select your preferred program based on your area of interest.
Within the Data Science & Analytics area of interest, you have the opportunity to join one of the programs below, each with their own unique experiences:
- Global Markets – Sydney Interested in a future in financial markets? Our Global Markets Summer Analyst Program might be the place for you. You could be pricing foreign exchange products, supporting the teams in building out derivative pricing tools, or working on bespoke client structures & solutions across a range of products and more! This year, we have opportunities in the following teams:
- Quantitative solutions and Systematic Markets: You’ll focus on the pricing, risk/data/financial analytics and technology, working alongside the trading and sales teams.
- CommBank IQ: Combine Australia’s largest pool of transaction data and the nation’s leading data science capability to deliver powerful insights to Australian businesses, governments and investors. You’ll work closely with our clients, utilising these insights to deliver on their needs.
- Structuring: You’ll focus on creating bespoke client solutions across all products, working in collaboration with the trading and sales teams.
- We’re looking for individuals with technical ability developed through studies (understanding languages is a plus!), intellectual curiosity & an overall passion for markets to be successful securing a role with these teams.
- Further information on where this opportunity can take you can be found via our website.
- Retail Banking Services- Sydney
- Analytics: RBS Analytics teams use everything from computer science, statistics, machine learning and deep learning to business analysis to extract valuable insights from large structured and unstructured data sets. You’ll uses data and insights to drive decision making for better outcomes for customers and communities, to build a brighter future for all.
- Technology- Sydney, Melbourne, Perth & Adelaide
- Data Science: Our Data Science team are working on solving some of the biggest strategic problems within the global financial services industry. We are the frontline in the AI/ML revolution. You’ll lead the way and support in driving innovative, data-led solutions and approaches. You’ll also have the opportunity to help develop new products, or new features in our digital assets.
When applying, you will have the opportunity to select up to three program preferences. Check out our website for further information about what each program entails!
You’ll notice that each of these programs have a strong focus on providing innovative, data-led solutions and approaches as we are committed to providing better outcomes for customers and communities and building a brighter future for all.
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY WHERE YOU CAN BE RECOGNISED AND REWARDED
The program commences in late November 2022, where you’ll join as a full-time employee over the summer. Here you’ll get a taste of what it’s like working at CommBank through formal learning events and workplace-based experiential learning to help you decide if we’re the right fit for you.
At the end of the Program, you’ll also have the opportunity to fast track your application for our Graduate Program for the following year. If successful, you’ll have secured your graduate role and take the pressure off job searching in your final year of study (With the exception of the Global Markets Summer Analyst program).
The program centres around 4 key elements:
- Shine: Contribute from day one by working on real projects that impact our business and our customers, within Australia’s largest bank.
- Develop: Participate in market-leading training to develop your technical and soft skills. This will help with the transition to full-time work from university over the summer, and ensure you excel in your immediate and future roles.
- Network: Build networks and friendships through unparalleled access to senior leaders, project leads and program sponsors, enhancing your personal and business profile.
- Contribute: Give back to the community through intern initiatives, driving positive change across our organisation and improving the wellbeing of our intern cohort.
WE’RE COMMITED TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN EACH OTHER, SO DON’T WORRY ABOUT TECHNICAL GAPS WE’LL TEACH YOU THE REST!
- Well-rounded individuals who can successfully demonstrate their alignment to our purpose and values.
- We’re looking for people who are innovative, a problem solver, results driven, solutions focused, resilient, strategically minded, and proactive.
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and work effectively in a team.
- You’re commercially astute and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
- You’re passionate about technology, the simplification of process and organisational change.
- You have experience in or are willing to learn new tech stacks, languages and frameworks.
WORK IN A WAY THAT WORKS FOR YOU
We’ve re-invented how we work. We’re giving our employees flexibility in how, when and where they work.
As one of the best places to work in Australia for flexibility, we are committed to creating a workplace for our people that allows us to be more connected to each other. We are dedicated to finding more balance between work and home as we understand that this leads to increased innovation, productivity, and better business outcomes. Learn more here.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- You are an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of your application (essential);
- You are a New Zealand citizen already residing in Australia, and an Australian resident for tax purposes at the time of your application (essential);
- You are in your penultimate year (second last year) of your university degree, or if you are doing a double degree, you must be in your penultimate year of your overall studies (essential); and
- You are achieving at least a credit average across your university degree (essential).
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne,...
- POSITION START DATE
Nov 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm