UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL & CREATE A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR ALL
At CommBank we want you to be in charge of your own career, that’s why we give you a chance to select your preferred program based on your area of interest.
Within the Engineering area of interest, you will have the chance to join one of the below programs, each with their own unique experiences:
- Bankwest Technology- Perth
- Our Technology team is responsible for simplifying and modernising Bankwest’s technology environment, while also unlocking new value for our customers. You’ll be responsible for designing and delivering market leading technology solutions. As part of the CBA Group we have access to world leading technology - from innovative product platforms for our customers, to essential tools within our business
- Global Markets – Sydney Interested in a future in financial markets? Our Global Markets Summer Analyst Program might be the place for you. You could be pricing foreign exchange products, supporting the teams in building out derivative pricing tools, or working on bespoke client structures & solutions across a range of products and more! This year, we have opportunities in the following teams:
- Quantitative solutions and Systematic Markets: You’ll focus on the pricing, risk/data/financial analytics and technology, working alongside the trading and sales teams.
- CommBank IQ: Combining Australia’s largest pool of transaction data and the nation’s leading data science capability to deliver powerful insights to Australian businesses, governments and investors. You’ll work closely with our clients, utilising these insights to deliver on their needs.
- Structuring: You’ll focus on creating bespoke client solutions across all products, working in collaboration with the trading and sales teams.
- We’re looking for individuals with technical ability developed through studies (understanding languages is a plus!), intellectual curiosity & over all a passion for markets to be successful securing a role with these teams.
- Further information on where this opportunity can take you can be found on our website.
- Technology- Engineering - Sydney, Melbourne, Perth & Adelaide
- We're building tomorrow’s bank today, we’re discovering new technologies on the horizon that aren’t invented yet and reimagining products for our customers. You’ll be responsible for the world-leading application of technology across every single aspect of CommBank – from innovative product platforms for our customers, to essential tools within our business. You’ll form part of the team behind Australia’s number one banking app, the Australian-first Cardless Cash, Spend Tracker, Benefits Finder and Step Pay. The possibilities for our tech cohort is ever-expanding. For Engineering this includes Data (ML / AI), Software Engineer (Web / Mobile / Fullstack), Site Reliability and Security.
When applying, you will have the opportunity to select up to three program preferences. Check out our website for further information about what each program entails!
You’ll notice that each of these programs have a strong focus on the world-leading application of technology across the business providing better outcomes for customers and communities and building a brighter future for all.
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY WHERE YOU CAN BE RECOGNISED AND REWARDED
The program commences in late November 2022, where you’ll join as a full-time employee over the summer. Here you’ll get a taste of what it’s like working at CommBank through formal learning events and workplace-based experiential learning to help you decide if we’re the right fit for you.
At the end of the Program, you’ll also have the opportunity to fast track your application for our Graduate Program for the following year. If successful, you’ll have secured your graduate role and take the pressure off job searching in your final year of study (With the exception of the Global Markets Summer Analyst program).
The program centres around 4 key elements:
- Shine: Contribute from day one by working on real projects that impact our business and our customers, within Australia’s largest bank.
- Develop: Participate in market-leading training to develop your technical and soft skills. This will help with the transition to full-time work from university over the summer, and ensure you excel in your immediate and future roles.
- Network: Build networks and friendships through unparalleled access to senior leaders, project leads and program sponsors, enhancing your personal and business profile.
- Contribute: Give back to the community through intern initiatives, driving positive change across our organisation and improving the wellbeing of our intern cohort.
WE’RE COMMITED TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN EACH OTHER, SO DON’T WORRY ABOUT TECHNICAL GAPS WE’LL TEACH YOU THE REST!
- Well-rounded individuals who can successfully demonstrate their alignment to our purpose and values.
- You’re dedicated to creating a better experience for our customers, and also passionate about technology, the simplification of processes and organisational change.
- You’re a natural problem-solver and curious about the world around you. We believe in using the right tool for the job, so an open mind to learning new tech stacks, languages and frameworks will go a long way.
WORK IN A WAY THAT WORKS FOR YOU
We’ve re-invented how we work. We’re giving our employees flexibility in how, when and where they work.
As one of the best places to work in Australia for flexibility, we are committed to creating a workplace for our people that allows us to be more connected to each other. We are dedicated to finding more balance between work and home as we understand that this leads to increased innovation, productivity, and better business outcomes. Learn more here.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- You are an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of your application (essential);
- You are a New Zealand citizen already residing in Australia, and an Australian resident for tax purposes at the time of your application (essential);
- You are in your penultimate year (second last year) of your university degree, or if you are doing a double degree, you must be in your penultimate year of your overall studies (essential); and
- You are achieving at least a credit average across your university degree (essential).
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software, Information...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne,...
- POSITION START DATE
Nov 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm