WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
At the core you’ll be looking to develop your commercial and execution skills, but to succeed you'll be highly analytical with the ability to translate complex market insights, supplier contracts and commercials into business opportunities supported by robust delivery plans for execution.
The landscape of the supplier environment is constantly changing, and we're looking for individuals who can adapt to ongoing change and risk management practices, succeed in high-pressure environments and be able to work as part of a high-performing team.
We consider graduates from all degrees, however, a strong interest, along with fundamental units undertaken, in a numbers, legal and/or business field of study is critical (e.g. Accounting, Law, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management).
WE INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE
The program commences on 20 February 2023, where you’ll join as a full-time permanent employee. Here you’ll get a taste of what it’s like working at CommBank through professional development opportunities including interactive masterclasses, training courses and graduate conference events to help you transition from full-time study to full-time life!
- The Program centres around 4 key elements:
- Shine: Contribute from day one by working on real projects that impact our business and our customers, within Australia’s largest bank.
- Develop: Participate in market-leading training to develop your technical and soft skills. This will help with the transition to full-time work from university and ensure you excel in your immediate and future roles.
- Network: Build networks and friendships through unparalleled access to senior leaders, project leads and program sponsors, enhancing your personal and business profile.
- Contribute: Give back to the community through graduate initiatives, driving positive change across our organisation and improving the wellbeing of our graduate cohort.
This 18-month structured program includes three six-month rotations in our core business areas with a fourth rotation of your preference while you’re supported in finding your permanent placement.
In Group Procurement, your rotations will focus on supporting the Group to make informed decisions about the way they leverage suppliers to support us in achieving the Group’s objectives. This includes, supporting business owners to source new goods or services, helping business owners to improve their commercial positions and/or uplift their risk position, negotiating directly with suppliers, sharing performance and analytics to provide market and supplier insights and safeguarding the Group in our approach to managing supplier risk and governance. You’ll work in specialist areas such as Category Management, Procurement Systems & Enablement, Strategic Deals & Commercial Insights and Group Supplier Risk Assurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• You are an Australian/New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of your application (essential);
• In your final year of your university degree or have graduated within the last 12 months (essential); and
• Achieving at least a credit average across your university degree (essential).
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Arts and Humanities, Banking...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2022, 12:59 pm