DO WORK THAT MATTERS
We’re responsible for the world-leading application of technology across every single aspect of CommBank – from innovative product platforms for our customers, to essential tools within our business.
Whatever you’re working on, you’ll be empowered to spark change, transform an industry and deliver what really matters. We’re passionate about what we can do with a truly diverse team.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Our diverse teams look for many different qualities in graduates. You’re dedicated to creating a better experience for our customers, and also passionate about technology, the simplification of processes and organisational change.
You’re a natural problem-solver and curious about the world around you. We believe in using the right tool for the job, so an open mind to learning new tech stacks, languages and frameworks will go a long way.
WE INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE
The program commences on 20 February 2023, where you’ll join as a full-time permanent employee. Here you’ll get a taste of what it’s like working at CommBank through professional development opportunities including interactive masterclasses, training courses and graduate conference events to help you transition from full-time study to full-time life!
Your development centres around 4 key elements:
- Shine: Contribute from day one by working on real projects that impact our business and our customers, within Australia’s largest bank.
- Develop: Participate in market-leading training to develop your technical and soft skills. This will help with the transition to full-time work from university and ensure you excel in your immediate and future roles.
- Network: Build networks and friendships through unparalleled access to senior leaders, project leads and program sponsors, enhancing your personal and business profile.
- Contribute: Give back to the community through graduate initiatives, driving positive change across our organisation and improving the wellbeing of our graduate cohort.
ENGINEERING GRADUATE PROGRAM
Our flexible 18 month program, offers a tailored experience with three rotations where you’ll contribute to our technology innovations within industry-leading teams while you are supported and empowered to navigate and invigorate your career. Whether you want to work on apps, websites, in back end or in the cloud, you’ll find it all here. Best of all, you don’t have to have it all figured out before joining us.
The possibilities for our tech cohort is ever-expanding. For Engineering this includes Data (ML / AI), Software Engineer (Web / Mobile / Fullstack), Site Reliability and Security.
This program gives you the option to rotate across either complementing or widely varying teams. So whether you want to fast-track into a specialist role or discipline, broaden your expertise or simply ‘try something on for size’, you'll have the opportunity to tailor the career you want while we support you in navigating our vast tech landscape.
You’ll gain access to world-class technical and development resources to help you expand your skills. Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive, and flexible workplace. One where we’re driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Our Technology teams are based across Australia, and our Graduate cohort will be too. This program will have Graduates based in Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
We will support you to work when and where works best for you. Award winning flexible working practices, supportive parental and life leave options, plus unlimited dedicated volunteering leave are just a few reasons we think you’ll thrive here. You’ll be supported when faced with challenges and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- You are an Australian/New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of your application (essential);
- In your penultimate year (second last year) of your university degree, or if you are doing a double degree, you must be in your penultimate year of your overall studies (essential); and
- Achieving at least a credit average across your university degree (essential).
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne,...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2022, 12:59 pm