Cor Cordis is looking for accounting graduates who want to join our Melbourne team to establish and build their careers at one of the fastest growing independent business advisory firms in Australia.
Cor Cordis is one of Australia's largest and most trusted business advisory firms providing innovative Advisory, Restructuring & Turnaround, Insolvency and Forensic accounting solutions nationally through our offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Parramatta, Perth and Brisbane.
Over the last 16 years, Cor Cordis has successfully grown and currently employs 21 partners and over 120 people nationally with a broad range of diverse backgrounds and experience.
What you will be doing
You will work in an interesting and dynamic work environment, working closely with your team, clients and stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for companies going through financial stress. This may include company and personal insolvency and advisory appointments (including Liquidations, Administrations and Independent Business Reviews etc) including:
- the administration, receivership or liquidation of a nationally known company, such as Kikki K or Ishka, or the bankruptcy of a high-profile individual
- a trading Administration - on site - overseeing trading activities, dealing with creditors and customers, instructing valuers, agents or other consultants
- working with interested parties in relation to the sale of a business, property or other assets
- conducting investigations (including compiling evidence and reports to support litigation) and pursuing claims in matters of financial fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, insolvent trading or other breaches of the Corporations Act 2001 or Bankruptcy Act 1966
- adjudicating on creditor claims and processing the payment of dividends to employees and other qualifying creditors.
What we offer
- When you join us you can develop your career in a supportive environment with a strong focus on teamwork, personal and professional development and to gain experience across a wide range of different industries and businesses.
- You will have the opportunity to work directly with senior people and Partners and with our clients to develop your skills and experience
Learning & development
- You will have a buddy who will support you as you settle into our office and will guide your learning through your placement
- You will attend regular external and internal training events to support your on-the-job learning with mentoring opportunities for career progression.
- Our graduates join a national 12 Graduate Development Program and are supported through study fees and leave to continue their professional development with CA ANZ or CPA
Community & culture
- We have a sociable work environment with regular social events
- We’re proud of our strong community partnership with the Starlight Foundation and organise a number of fundraising events throughout the year
- We also have a firm Wellness Program to support our people
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an accounting graduate who meets the following criteria:
- efficient and motivated
- attention to detail combined with a common-sense approach to problem-solving
- strong written and verbal communication skills enabling you to build relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency at the time of application
- strong team orientation
To find out more or apply please visit www.corcordis.com.au/careers
Please submit your application by 19 August 2022.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted after applications close.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Position start date
Late 2022 - Early 2023
- Closing Date:19th Aug 2022, 7:00 am