Due to our success and growth, integrated developer-builder CORNUS is searching for a construction graduate to join the tight-knit and growing team.
The CORNUS graduate program offers a wide gamut of learning experiences combined with an exposure to the full construction lifecycle. Being an integrated developer-builder, there will also be exposure to the property development side of the business.
This role will be based out of our Oakleigh office and the live construction sites are located in Camberwell, Burwood and Carnegie.
CORNUS is a growing integrated builder-developer with a development/construction pipeline exceeding 382 apartments. The construction arm specialises in apartment buildings between three and six storeys plus basements. We are based in Oakleigh with three projects currently under construction.
The three live sites are in Camberwell (13 apartments), Burwood (43 apartments) and Carnegie (71 apartments).
Additionally, we will be commencing two new projects within 12 months including a 121 apartment project in Sandringham.
We pride ourselves on creating exceptional buildings that are built to stand the test of time. We are a growing, driven company and are looking for someone up for a challenge.
Find out more about CORNUS via the following links:
Find out more about our projects via the following video links:
An immediate start is preferred.
- Assisting in day-to-day coordination of projects - several of which are in construction
- Assisting with the letting of subcontracts
- Assisting with drawing and documentation review
- Assisting with the issue of RFIs (requests for information) to subcontractors and consultants
- Assisting with purchase order of both supplies and services
- Assisting with any questions that subcontractors may have
- Following up with subcontractors
- Filing paperwork and tracking construction progress
- Maintaining, monitoring and updating a construction programme.
- Scheduling meetings with subcontractors and attending said meetings
- Assisting managers and more senior staff with the above tasks
Ideally you will have:
- Recently graduated from a construction course or in a similar circumstance and are able to work full-time
- A passion for construction and are hardworking and reliable
- A strong ability work as a part of a diverse and multicultural team
- An ability to time manage and organise tasks
- An ability to communicate effectively and efficiently over the phone and email
- An eye for detail and display pride in your work
- Enthusiasm to learn & accept new challenges and skill sets
- A passion for problem solving and tackling challenges head-on
What you’ll get in return:
- Strong support and excellent learning experiences.
- Exposure to both office based work as well on-site coordination.
- The opportunity to work closely with the company director as you will be reporting directly.
- The opportunity for career progression - pathway to senior roles in a growing integrated builder-developer.
- The opportunity to “get in early” at a contemporary and growing integrated builder-developer.
- The opportunity to join a business unaffected by the market, doubling in size throughout the construction downturn.
- An employer with a stable and growing pipeline of work - with work locked in for the next 36 months at least.
- An employer with very strong finances.
- Strong subcontractor relationships - subcontractors are always paid on time due to our strong finances.
- Exposure to a variety of different residential projects that vary in size and complexity.
- Family based values which promote a great work life balance.
- Career progression - we are in an exciting growth phase and offer potential for progression within the company.
- Three live projects all only within 15 minutes of each other and only 15 minutes from the head office in Oakleigh.
Monday - Friday
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Construction, Project Management, Property
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- 1254 Glen Huntly Rd, Carnegie VIC 3163Locations:
Victoria, Melbourne, Melbourne...
- Closing Date:26th Mar 2021, 12:59 pm