About the Firm
Crosby Dalwood is an accounting, advisory and financial planning firm based in Parkside. With a reputation for outstanding client focus and quality of service we are focused on finding professional, fun and engaging people to join our team. A friendly, equal opportunity business, every person in our team is important and we work together to create a positive environment.
We currently have an opportunity for a GRADUATE ACCOUNTANT to join our Accounting team.
CAPABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare complete and accurate Financial statements, Income Tax Returns and all other ATO, ASIC and other returns including workpapers
- Correctly complete all other ATO, ASIC and other returns including workpapers if relevant
- Ensure all working papers and client checklists are complete, neat, concise and saved in the appropriate place.
- Ensure that all queries and questions are correctly conveyed to the job manager and/or client, where appropriate
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner, managing ongoing client relationships including meetings, email and phone communication
- Assist clients with all business and accounting related queries
- Liaise with financial planners, solicitors, banks, Australian Tax Office etc
- Complete work within time budgets and turnaround time
- Save all client communications in MYOBAE
- Update and maintain databases and internal spreadsheets/registers
- Actively participate in Performance and Appraisal system
- Attendance and participation in technical and joint skills training
- Keep office hours and complete time sheets daily
- Filing and assisting with general office duties
- Assisting with ad hoc client projects or internal projects
- Other responsibilities as required e.g. Fire Warden, First Aid Officer, Social Committee
- Work within time and budget parameters, consistently meet minimum performance KPIs
- Attending and assisting with marketing events and initiatives as required
- To answer queries from clients within range of expertise and experience.
- To refer more difficult queries and client issues to job manager/solicitor/financial adviser
QUALIFICATIONS and KEY CHARACTERISTICS:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (Economics, Finance, Accounting or similar)
- Xero and MYOB Account Right experience desirable
- Studying towards becoming a CA or CPA preferred.
- Strong desire to pursue a career in tax and accounting
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Maintain CPE hours as required by the relevant professional association.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation
- Collaborate and contribute to a positive organisational and team culture
- Work as part of a team and also autonomously when needed
- Understand and comply with all office policies
- Deal in a friendly, courteous and trustworthy manner with management, staff and clients at all times
- Develop open and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Other stakeholders include Financial Planning Team, Practice Manager and Administration & Support Teams
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm